$1.99 tangs

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, did you guys see that Saltwaterfish.com is selling like 300 tangs for $1.99? LOL There's nothing left to buy on their website now, except the tangs and some stupid stuff; and you can't just order the tang- has to be a $80 order... Too funny...

Laurie

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sadly, i'm sure they are all wild caught babies. maybe only 1/4 or less of them will survive in your tank if you bought 100. :(

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes! Glad I didn't order then!! I thought about it hard though... I have a tendency to doubt online sellers when it loks too good to be true... Was one of my first ebay lessons learned, for sure. :D

:wave:
Laurie

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've ordered from them in past , (like 10 years ago) they have all sorts of deals . Wouldnt be my first vendor anymore as it's a , "get this livestock out asap" kinda wholesaler . They've added a lot of bs fees to the ordering process over the years. 10 years ago your order would ship free at 99 and get a freebie choice . They still have the freebies, like a free flame angel or whatever . If you're qting your own fish it may be worth it . They are part of the "deep blue sea group which ocean garden (a vendor on here ) is part of . I remember getting a black cap basslet for 24.99. Lol what happened

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered from them in past , (like 10 years ago) they have all sorts of deals . Wouldnt be my first vendor anymore as it's a , "get this livestock out asap" kinda wholesaler . They've added a lot of bs fees to the ordering process over the years. 10 years ago your order would ship free at 99 and get a freebie choice . They still have the freebies, like a free flame angel or whatever . If you're qting your own fish it may be worth it . They are part of the "deep blue sea group which ocean garden (a vendor on here ) is part of . I remember getting a black cap basslet for 24.99. Lol what happened
I did this as a joke but now im intrigued. Do you still have any of those fish?

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just looked it was 2009 , then did a couple orders over the years last was 2014. No fish from those tanks ,

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s old but I’ve read a lot that this website is a scam
Not sure about scam, but they wouldn't be the first place I ordered from. I ordered from them last year, got velvet, lost everything, and had a heck of a time getting healthy fish.

Also, the company behind the website has 2 or 3 other websites, each of them have slightly different business models.

saltwaterfish.com has a "guarantee" on their fish within 14 days I think. But it's not your money back, it's store credit back. And then it's only replaced once. So if they send you 2 sick fish(and it can happen, believe me, the cardinals I got kept dying in 2-3 days 1 by 1), they don't replace them. And you have to pay for shipping, so you either have to order more stuff to be over $100 or pay for it. So really, it's not a guarantee, it's more of a way to keep you ordering more and more fish from them. If it is DOA, then you can get a refund(still gotta pay that shipping), but in my experience most die a few days later. A cory wrasse I tried to get was DOA over and over until I gave up on getting one.

Then they have "reefs4less.com". Same exact people, but the website works a little differently. If you must order from them, I would do this one personally. They do not have a guarantee, other than DOA. It's the same fish, but for a cheaper price. If they live, you paid less. If they die, you don't get sucked into the shipping cycle, because even if you don't order more for the $100, that is still extra money for the fish due to shipping costs. You'll end up paying twice as much on saltwaterfish.com eventually anyway when you take the extra initial cost and shipping costs. So I suggest ordering from this one instead of the other if you must.

I ran across 1 other, but I forget it. I personally do not order from them anymore, but this is the low down on them.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back