10 Gallon Reef Tank Setup Help

kevsqn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. So I have an Aqua style 126 aquarium 10g.
But im planning on changing the lights to an LED light.
However, if i change the original light to an LED, the light wont get the whole aquarium since the filter on the top part is covering like 1/3 of the hood. Is it ok? Ill just place corals where the light can shine it?
2. Also, is it advisable to change the original filter to a power filter? or the original filter is fine.
3. How much GPH would you recommend for the wavemaker. is a single 240 gph enough?
Thanks a Lot!

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#1- Yup, no big deal with the LEDs as long as the corals are under the lighted portion
#2- Technically you don't need a filter on a saltwater tank, so using the original won't hurt anything. You'll just have to keep up with weekly water changes.
#3- 240gph in a 10g is good enough.

OP
OP
K

kevsqn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#1- Yup, no big deal with the LEDs as long as the corals are under the lighted portion
#2- Technically you don't need a filter on a saltwater tank, so using the original won't hurt anything. You'll just have to keep up with weekly water changes.
#3- 240gph in a 10g is good enough.
Thanks for the reply!
So i could also just take out the entire filter system? and i'll just put a wavemaker on the side.
also, if i take out the filter(with all the filter sponge and ceramic noodles inside), my system is still cycled right?
is that ok?
Appreciate it a lot!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back