OP
OP
GoFish

GoFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres some current shots. I lost the settings for the AI Prime recently so still getting the colour dialed in. There's only a pair of clowns, maybe 3 snails
U7W3gKz.jpg

Before removing frag racks...
qXPe3yH.jpg

W/o frag racks
qYNNtfb.jpg

And part of the paly rock. The Toadstool was fragged about a month ago
dYF9TDe.jpg

The utter chaos i used to have took a beating from a Pavona coral and almost lost ALL of them. There was about 30 heads, only managed to save one. Its on a frag rack and just sprouted 2 babies this week

roninmagik1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mix and match is sweet! Adding in a section for blue agaves or purple death maybe, might be nice. the blue agaves for the different pattern, and the purple death for the contrast of all the other colors to a splotch of pure dark. =)

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! This is awesome!

You mentioned you are dosing Ca and Alk,. what are your levels before and after dosing?

Also, I dont know if I missed it, but whata re your po4 and n03?

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres some current shots. I lost the settings for the AI Prime recently so still getting the colour dialed in. There's only a pair of clowns, maybe 3 snails
U7W3gKz.jpg

Before removing frag racks...
qXPe3yH.jpg

W/o frag racks
qYNNtfb.jpg

And part of the paly rock. The Toadstool was fragged about a month ago
dYF9TDe.jpg

The utter chaos i used to have took a beating from a Pavona coral and almost lost ALL of them. There was about 30 heads, only managed to save one. Its on a frag rack and just sprouted 2 babies this week

Looks awesome. What kind of light schedule are you running? I also have the prime would love to see your settings.

OP
OP
GoFish

GoFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mix and match is sweet! Adding in a section for blue agaves or purple death maybe, might be nice. the blue agaves for the different pattern, and the purple death for the contrast of all the other colors to a splotch of pure dark. =)
Thanks! There's purple death on both main rocks, but I'll add agaves to the list to look out for
Wow! This is awesome!
You mentioned you are dosing Ca and Alk,. what are your levels before and after dosing?
Also, I dont know if I missed it, but whata re your po4 and n03?
Thanks. Well I don't test much anymore apparently o_O
Last few tests were...
April 15th... Alk 8.3... Cal 410... P04 0.00
June 16th... Alk 7.3... Cal ???... P04 0.03... Mag 1140
Oct 6th... Alk 8.0... Cal 350... P04 0.00... Mag 1290... Iod 0.04
Looks awesome. What kind of light schedule are you running? I also have the prime would love to see your settings.
Lots of colour and not a lot of white green or red. I'll post a screen shot soon.
What is the pink under the utters?
Pink zippers

And soooo...
The tank took a beating today. It was time to remove the palys from the zoa garden. So did some major fragging and treating the entire rock with peroxide and Furan-2. Didn't rinse the rock enough apparently and just got home to see 3 acan colonies and 2 chalices spilling their filaments :(. Hopefully they'll recover

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Well I don't test much anymore apparently o_O
Last few tests were...
April 15th... Alk 8.3... Cal 410... P04 0.00
June 16th... Alk 7.3... Cal ???... P04 0.03... Mag 1140
Oct 6th... Alk 8.0... Cal 350... P04 0.00... Mag 1290... Iod 0.04

Thanks for the info, Im really jealous of your tank, its soooo beautiful! :wink:

jason_mazzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They've seen several types of lighting in different tanks but currently using an AI Prime which I'm quite happy with. And sorry to answer the question earlier, there is not tank journal for this. WYSIWYG o_O
whats the ai prime settings?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is looking great!

Albz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dam! thats so awesome! how do u control them from now growing everywhere lol and if u have the prime settings plz post!

OP
OP
GoFish

GoFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love some hints to even come close to this. Foods, additives etc.
Auto feeder for a pair of clowns twice per day using NLS pellets. And once a week or so they get a cube of Spirulina/Mysis
4 channel doser using only 2 channels for Cal and Alk (either c-balance or Shlobster) can't remember what batch this is. It only needs 2mL of each per day. Honestly not a lot is done to this tank for maintenance and such. Just started with some nice pest free live rock and used to test levels a lot, now mostly rely on visual signs in the tank to tell when something is off, such as deflated LPS, bleaching, algae, dirty glass etc...
whats the ai prime settings?
Here's a screenshot of the current settings. I'm not as happy with it as I used to be. For some reason when I bought a new wireless router recently and couldn't get the app to connect. Must've pushed the wrong button somewhere and all the settings were deleted. Grrrr. It's fairly close to what it was in the first pics posted but still needs some tweaking, I get cooler looking photos when taken at night with very little white light. But using a good camera with a custom white balance option makes it look exactly as I see it
9fCidcR.jpg

jason_mazzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a lot of seperate setting points. Tell me a bit about the amount of changes.

OP
OP
GoFish

GoFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a lot of seperate setting points. Tell me a bit about the amount of changes.
There's no reason in particular. Separate settings can be made every 10 minutes of the day so in reality it could look a lot more complicated. It basically ramps up and down, the extra settings in the evening are mostly visual preference for me and not for the corals. I don't spend much time looking at the tank during the day from 3pm to 9pm which is when the whites are on more. The corals like some white light, but I don't really like looking at them with the white/green channels on too high.

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok heres part of the paly rock...
Xtvep3z.jpg

Around what time of the day was this taken? Reason Im asking is because I want to copy your settings of which channels are low or high.

On a side note, could be the colors/white balance corrected through photoshop in this photo?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back