10 week old tank Lost Clown

Stinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opinions please. I added a medium size clown to my 110 gal tank 11 days ago, he looked fine, but he just started to die this evening. I noticed he had no ick spots. But his skin pigment color on he rear looked pale? also noticed a little red spot close to his top fin like a little blood spot. I have 3 chroma s , 1 six line wrasse in the tank first, then I added this clown 11 days ago, when i purchased him he looked good but was in a tank alone? he is a mis-marked clown. last friday i purchased another clown from a different lfs . this clown was smaller and was matched with the same sized clown in the tank. I brought him home and acclimated for 2-1/2 hrs like all my fish. late that nite i noticed the 2 clowns were swishing their tails checking each other out. then they kinda swam separately the last few days. this evening he was swimming funny and i pulled him from the tank and added him to the QT tank. he died 1 hr ago. DID THE NEW SMALLER CLOWN kill him?? i thought about going back to the other lfs and get his match back. :cry:
TANK PAR'S SALINE 1.025 . KEEPS GOING UP because of evaporation. should i mix my new RO/DI with 1.020 for water changes and not 1.023 ? PO4 =.25 , ammonia= 0.00 ppm, nitrate-=0.00 ppm, PH=8.4

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stinger

Stinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i have been using ro/di salt mix for top off, my saline did get around 1.025 1.026 a lil high. so now i use RO/DI with NO salt to top off. This fish may have had a clown disease. lost his color pigment on his tail and had one red spot close to his top dorsal fin. looked fine one day the next just swimming funny and sideways , i moved him to my 10 gal QT tank , 1 hr later is bellied up!! :cry:

jnbrex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are supposed to use ONLY fresh water to top off, because the salt in the water does not evaporate.

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You getting the answer you was looking for? Guess mine wasnt good enough :)

Back