OP
OP
Akersta

Akersta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished assembling most of the stand tonight. Hopefully will have a majority of the tile done tomorrow.

IMG_6078.JPG

IMG_6075.JPG

IMG_6076.JPG

IMG_6077.JPG

fftfk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone!

Yes, the humidity does have me concerned. Since the room has already been dry walled and finished I don't want to mess with the walls. I'll be putting several coats of Sherwin Williams best moisture resistant, outdoor paint on all walls and the ceiling. I'm hoping I'll be okay covering the tanks and venting the skimmer and sump to the outside. I'll have a 130 cfm fan pushing air into the skimmer and another 130 cfm fan pulling air out of the sump. They will likely not run all the time but I will see how well this works. Anyone with any experience with this please let me know. The covers will be rather expensive but I can't imagine the humidity from 51 sq/ft of open saltwater...

I do have a gf and we've been together for several years now. Think she is used to me going over the top on most of my projects by now. Her only objection to date has been covering the front window with an aquarium as this was not my original plan. Our dogs like to look outside and bark at anything that moves. I countered with telling her I'll put in a storm door on the front porch so they can look out the front door. She did ask me if I thought the 3" piping, ball valve, etc for the return pumps was a little excessive while sitting on the kitchen table. She doesn't care what I blow my money on as long as it not at a strip club.

I think my wife would prefer the strip club at this point!

OP
OP
Akersta

Akersta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my wife would prefer the strip club at this point!

Haha....I think my GF is at that point now. She hardly ever goes in the room or asks questions any more. As I was reading this, the doorbell rang at 8:30 and she refused to answer. Completely forgot I had ordered more ventilation supplies.

IMG_6161.JPG

skihard1234Anth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really need to put some more thought into this build. Feels like you're just throwing things together without any planning whatsoever. And frankly, your equipment selection leaves a lot to be desired. You're buying old technology.

I'm trying to find the "dripping in sarcasm" emoji on here but can't seem to locate it.

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really need to put some more thought into this build. Feels like you're just throwing things together without any planning whatsoever. And frankly, your equipment selection leaves a lot to be desired. You're buying old technology.

I'm trying to find the "dripping in sarcasm" emoji on here but can't seem to locate it.
That is really funny!! :)

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha....I think my GF is at that point now. She hardly ever goes in the room or asks questions any more. As I was reading this, the doorbell rang at 8:30 and she refused to answer. Completely forgot I had ordered more ventilation supplies.

IMG_6161.JPG
Careful.
Do not ignore chaos.

Mel 2038

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! A Grand Build, Attention to every detail, and a well documented thread, you sucked me in on this one. "Watch Thread" I look forward to your next post.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow nice job big tanks and just wow

Jizu Puentes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt use bleach but vinegar instead. Vinegar breaks down coralline and any cemented critters and rinses clean. When I vlean my skimmer and poweheads I just run them in vinegar for an hour, wipe them then rinse and back in they go.

Jizu Puentes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt use bleach but vinegar instead. Vinegar breaks down coralline and any cemented critters and rinses clean. When I vlean my skimmer and poweheads I just run them in vinegar for an hour, wipe them then rinse and back in they go.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back