OP
OP
Akersta

Akersta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt use bleach but vinegar instead. Vinegar breaks down coralline and any cemented critters and rinses clean. When I vlean my skimmer and poweheads I just run them in vinegar for an hour, wipe them then rinse and back in they go.

I used to use vinegar but it seems like it would never clean the soft stuff very easily. Even at a strong concentration that ended up softening the power cable on my return pump, it wouldn't clean everything up. Perhaps I need to try a different type.

jimmy2times

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's an insane buildout u planning did u recently win the lottery? I can't wait to see the progression of your room and would love to have a room like that out of curiosity what's that costing u aprox so far u thinking sorry had to ask cause it sounds nds like the price tag of nice sports car

OP
OP
Akersta

Akersta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Th
Wow that's an insane buildout u planning did u recently win the lottery? I can't wait to see the progression of your room and would love to have a room like that out of curiosity what's that costing u aprox so far u thinking sorry had to ask cause it sounds nds like the price tag of nice sports car

Thanks. No, didn't win the lottery. I'm fortunate enough to work of sales commission and had a good year. Not going to lie, nearly everything I make goes into this project currently. I'll have over $50K in it before stocking and that doesn't include the industrial chiller and stand by generator I'm going to need. I never intended on going this out of control but it escalated quickly after ordering the sump. I often think about my dream corvette I could have sitting in the garage. However, this hobby is one of the few things in life that I've found to help take the edge off an extremely stressful day. Assuming I'm not coming home to a tank melt down or my prized fish on the floor.

jimmy2times

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya was thinking def over 100k when sticker and all bells and whistles. Been in sales my whole life on commission so know how it goes bro. Looks like going to b insane place to unwind chill out with a brewski and just watch in amazement what's going on and what u built!! I'll b watching the progress for sure

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Th

Thanks. No, didn't win the lottery. I'm fortunate enough to work of sales commission and had a good year. Not going to lie, nearly everything I make goes into this project currently. I'll have over $50K in it before stocking and that doesn't include the industrial chiller and stand by generator I'm going to need. I never intended on going this out of control but it escalated quickly after ordering the sump. I often think about my dream corvette I could have sitting in the garage. However, this hobby is one of the few things in life that I've found to help take the edge off an extremely stressful day. Assuming I'm not coming home to a tank melt down or my prized fish on the floor.

I settled for a smaller tank and the corvette!
IMG_0490.JPG

jimmy2times

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank downgrade being a hardcore fisherman. Ok guys let's see some other stuff besides why we can't have whole fish rooms let's switch it up a bit cause I want a fish house basically!!! I want the see cars airplanes crazy boats trains whatever u can check me up with

IMG_3551.JPG

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a sick car u get to drive it much it looks like u live in warmer temps. Always a trade off man.
Actually I'm in Ohio, its parked Nov - March. It's an '01 with 19,000 miles on it........and it's for sale!.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Th

+1

Back