OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want him out at a different time just miss a few feedings and then start feeding him when you want to see him

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get some photos up of your puffers too I love to see them!

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man, I'll do that. Now, back to your amazing build here. Where do you plan on putting the new puffer until the tank is ready?

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1480794119.509071.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, Christmas Acro, I would love a piece, but would hate you for cutting it, lol
That is in someone else's tank, google images, I am about another year away from being able to start fragging, and trading;)

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man, I'll do that. Now, back to your amazing build here. Where do you plan on putting the new puffer until the tank is ready?

It'll be a little while before he arrives and when he does get here even though he has been through quarantine for parasites etc I will still isolate him for a few weeks to make sure he is clean and healthy.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my porcupine fish. He has so much personality. Still the first fish I bought (and if I knew the invert limitations I may have reconsidered, lol) and he's my buddy. He lets me pet him and spits water at me when he's hungry. He has never bothered another tank mate (other than a sargassum Angler who he nipped at because he thought it was food). He keeps to himself and is an absolute pleasure. Good luck with the blue guy.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mark, do you know of anyone else who has the blue porcupine in captivity? I only ask because of the rarity of the fish. I believe I read this is the first one they've captured in quite some time.

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mark, do you know of anyone else who has the blue porcupine in captivity? I only ask because of the rarity of the fish. I believe I read this is the first one they've captured in quite some time.

I'm not sure. I was told this is the 4th one but I don't know how accurate that is.

Send me a link to the articles please would be cool to read.

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to think about the aquarium room again. I have to get it built out soon. Here is a rough drawing of what I'm thinking:

IMG_1481139185.357778.jpg

The sump and filtration have to be where they are because of where the water comes in from the main display.

The water containers on the back wall also are pretty hard to put anywhere else so I thought to put a work bench over them and maybe a coral grow out/frag tank.

Quarantine section on the opposite wall by the sofa so it's at least 3 meters away from the display water to avoid air contamination.

Let me know any comments/suggestions!

Back