1000G Puffer Display

SorshaKay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! So far we will be sealing the floor so that if we drop water everywhere we don't care and won't slip. I'm also putting a large "no soap" sink in the room and a drain in the middle of the floor so we can just pump water changes there or the sink. How do you plan to do water changes? How much and how often?

I know how that is, my husband is all about the house and I'm all about the fish and the house too. lol

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! So far we will be sealing the floor so that if we drop water everywhere we don't care and won't slip. I'm also putting a large "no soap" sink in the room and a drain in the middle of the floor so we can just pump water changes there or the sink. How do you plan to do water changes? How much and how often?

I know how that is, my husband is all about the house and I'm all about the fish and the house too. lol

I've thought about a possible catchment under the display should the unthinkable happen, not sure what yet though. Sink is a good idea. I will have a tap in the sump so I can empty water direct to the drain and then pump fresh water in so its just to throw a switch. I'm thinking 10% each week. I find a weekly routine easier to keep.

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot 2015-12-17 at 6.02.48 PM.png
Well I just bit the bullet and ordered the display. I chose to go acrylic and use Schuran from Germany. I know their build quality is fantastic. I have gone with 3omm thick and also raised the height 9cm to ensure I get 90cm/3 foot of water height.
6-8 week build time so gives me time to try and get some things in order before it arrives but looks like it will be a late xmas for me!

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot 2015-12-17 at 6.02.48 PM.png
Well I just bit the bullet and ordered the display. I chose to go acrylic and use Schuran from Germany. I know their build quality is fantastic. I have gone with 3omm thick and also raised the height 9cm to ensure I get 90cm/3 foot of water height.
6-8 week build time so gives me time to try and get some things in order before it arrives but looks like it will be a late xmas for me!
Cool! Excited to see this come along. Looking forward to its arrival time. Got some waiting to do though haha

SorshaKay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you don't find me rude for asking, but how much was it? I would like to get a general idea and if that is to prying then you don't have to answer of course :rolleyes: Germany is closer for you right?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it done yet? :D

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you don't find me rude for asking, but how much was it? I would like to get a general idea and if that is to prying then you don't have to answer of course :rolleyes: Germany is closer for you right?

Not at all. It depends very much from tank to tank, depends on the size, how thick you want the acrylic, what type of over flow, how many holes you want drilling, what kind of bracing etc. Best thing is to just drop them a mail with what you are thinking.
Just sit down when you read the reply, after telling my wife how much it cost and watching her nearly die on the spot I'm reluctant to tell anyone else! ;)

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it done yet? :D

Haha I wish! Actually got the drawings back first thing this morning, Their fist day back at work after New year. 8-10 week build time so going to be a bit longer than expected.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at all. It depends very much from tank to tank, depends on the size, how thick you want the acrylic, what type of over flow, how many holes you want drilling, what kind of bracing etc. Best thing is to just drop them a mail with what you are thinking.
Just sit down when you read the reply, after telling my wife how much it cost and watching her nearly die on the spot I'm reluctant to tell anyone else! ;)
Hahaha!

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
schuran_aquarium_drawing.jpg
Happy new year everyone!

First working day after the new year and it was nice to find an email from Julia at Schuran with a drawing of the tank. Build time is now 8-10 weeks so a bit longer than hoped for but works OK with everything else I have to do before it arrives.

Drilled:
I have 2 x 50mm outlets planed for water to exit to the sump and 2 x 32mm returns. I will have 2 return pumps so there is a fail safe it one fails etc.

Circulation:
Still not decided on circulation. Could go with powerheads as its easy and straight forward but I hate how they look from the side view. Closed loop system would be much neater. Really interested to hear peoples opinions here!

TheWhiteFord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
schuran_aquarium_drawing.jpg
Happy new year everyone!

First working day after the new year and it was nice to find an email from Julia at Schuran with a drawing of the tank. Build time is now 8-10 weeks so a bit longer than hoped for but works OK with everything else I have to do before it arrives.

Drilled:
I have 2 x 50mm outlets planed for water to exit to the sump and 2 x 32mm returns. I will have 2 return pumps so there is a fail safe it one fails etc.

Circulation:
Still not decided on circulation. Could go with powerheads as its easy and straight forward but I hate how they look from the side view. Closed loop system would be much neater. Really interested to hear peoples opinions here!

Vortechs don't look a bad in the tank and are quite powerful, but thinking about your tank size you might need 6 mp60 which would be ,$3600!

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vortechs don't look a bad in the tank and are quite powerful, but thinking about your tank size you might need 6 mp60 which would be ,$3600!

They definitely have the nicest looking profile of any powerhead IMO.
Always the problem of large tanks is what ever you need you need a lot of them!

a361c

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you going to put a drain in the floor I would consider laying down grating. You can pitch the concrete floor to the drain and lay the grating level. There many type of composite grating available with smaller openings comfortable to walk on

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%

Back