1000G Puffer Display

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also planning on moving my porcupine to his new tank. Did you have any issues with yours puffing up when you tried to move him? When I moved mine 3 years ago he was fine. I'm a big concerned this time because he is much bigger now.

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also planning on moving my porcupine to his new tank. Did you have any issues with yours puffing up when you tried to move him? When I moved mine 3 years ago he was fine. I'm a big concerned this time because he is much bigger now.

I haven't moved this one yet. He is still in the U.K. But I have moved normal porcupines before with no problem. I use a large container or my hands not a net.
I had one porcupine come in one time that had trapped air that I had to massage out but it worked out ok.

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming along. Mudding and taping oh joy. Must be exciting to have the wallboard up to were one can see the progress.

Yeah not the most enjoyable work. Although I bought a large sander which has taken the edge out of it.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't moved this one yet. He is still in the U.K. But I have moved normal porcupines before with no problem. I use a large container or my hands not a net.
I had one porcupine come in one time that had trapped air that I had to massage out but it worked out ok.
That what I do for all the fish. Never a net. I use a Tupperware container so they aren't exposed to the air. If he puffs up he may not fit through the opening at the top of the tank, lol

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That what I do for all the fish. Never a net. I use a Tupperware container so they aren't exposed to the air. If he puffs up he may not fit through the opening at the top of the tank, lol

Haha is that why you're moving him? Bigger tank!

The puffers I've had have been pretty relaxed.
Are you moving him far?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah not the most enjoyable work. Although I bought a large sander which has taken the edge out of it.

Taping and mudding is an art to do it right. I have to gut and remodel a master bath, and remodel my kitchen and I am calling in the pros. I have a contact that is in the drywall business and his guys are artis at it, and fast. They use three types of mud 45 minute for the first part and laying the tap, 30 minute for the seconded coat, and a 15 for touch up. I was also out on a site and they were using a power sander that also had a vacuum.

gobylove

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many puffers do you plan to keep in your new tank? Will it be puffers only. Love following this build.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This talk reminds me of a porcupine someone gave to me to put into the aquarium at Key West. Temperature acclimated the fellow in a 5 gallon bucket, and gently emptied the bucket into the tank. (Open system, natural seawater ... and the fish was caught on the pier behind the aquarium. Total journey from ocean to tank - about 50 yards.) The _water_ came out of the bucket . . . . but not the fish.

He'd puffed 'til he stuck.

Sunk the bucket and waited for him to come out on his own.

~Bruce

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This talk reminds me of a porcupine someone gave to me to put into the aquarium at Key West. Temperature acclimated the fellow in a 5 gallon bucket, and gently emptied the bucket into the tank. (Open system, natural seawater ... and the fish was caught on the pier behind the aquarium. Total journey from ocean to tank - about 50 yards.) The _water_ came out of the bucket . . . . but not the fish.

He'd puffed 'til he stuck.

Sunk the bucket and waited for him to come out on his own.

~Bruce

LOL

OP
OP
x_burt

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys I'm up to my head in things with the house so haven't had any time for the tank or this thread but here's a couple of photos of the blue porky to keep you going.

IMG_6812.JPG

IMG_6813.JPG

And a teaser!

IMG_6814.JPG

I hope to back on the tank project shortly. Hope you guys are all well out there

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 more month till it gets hot here, get cracking

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back