OP
OP
ProjectAnemone

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What intensity do you keep your LEDs at? I know nems need high light, but how high do you have yours?

As of last Sunday:

72-74° F
dKH 11
pH 8.2
sg 1.026 should probably lower this to save $$ but I also have an SPS tank to I have .026 always ready incase I need water.
The lights are the D120 LEDs Whites @ 40% Blues @ 75% and hang 30" above the water surface. The nems sit about 6" below the surface.

I have a bunch of SPS/LPS and softie frags sitting on the bottom of tub ~12" below surface. They are growing well and have great color.

SeaHaven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your post! Is there any particular reason you choose to run your blues higher that your whites? I've heard that blues can bring out better coloration. Is that why you do it?
Also have you noticed any ill effects of keeping all these anemones in with other coral frags? Like after you cut them and they are really unhappy, possibly releasing stinging cells?

OP
OP
ProjectAnemone

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't cut any with the SPS in the tank. Softies and LPS don't seem to care.

OP
OP
ProjectAnemone

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have missed it but what setting of blue and white are you running your D120s?
As of last Sunday:

72-74° F
dKH 11
pH 8.2
sg 1.026 should probably lower this to save $$ but I also have an SPS tank to I have .026 always ready incase I need water.
The lights are the D120 LEDs Whites @ 40% Blues @ 75% and hang 30" above the water surface. The nems sit about 6" below the surface.

I have a bunch of SPS/LPS and softie frags sitting on the bottom of tub ~12" below surface. They are growing well and have great color.

OP
OP
ProjectAnemone

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cut three of the nems I picked up a MACNA yesterday.

FullSizeRender_zpsgopfjhxz.jpg

Hecdr34

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice. They look great. How do you like that ceramic knife? I bought one last week but I haven't made any cuts with it yet. Looking forward to it though

OP
OP
ProjectAnemone

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. They look great. How do you like that ceramic knife? I bought one last week but I haven't made any cuts with it yet. Looking forward to it though

Love it. It's so sharp, I didn't even feel it slice my finger.

Last edited:

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought he, but didn't want to assume. Been following your project for a while, something I've been thinking about for years.
Crashes are terrible. It's just a setback and I'm sure you'll come back stronger. Oh the trials and tribulations of reef keeping…

SeaHaven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that you have a few different varieties of BTAs. Have you ever noticed ill effects of keeping them all together? I know they come from the same family and shouldn't harm each other but have you ever noticed them stinging eachother or anything?

OP
OP
ProjectAnemone

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that you have a few different varieties of BTAs. Have you ever noticed ill effects of keeping them all together? I know they come from the same family and shouldn't harm each other but have you ever noticed them stinging eachother or anything?

I have not. I keep each strain separated with the baskets. I'm only cutting one strain at a time, I hope this will prevent allelopathy.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back