OP
ProjectAnemone

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any high end nems cooking yet?

No. The tub has evolved to include way more than just nems. I did cut 12 nems lat week. All look good. I think I'm at ~50 right now.

Here's what's in the tub right now:

pics failed - i have photobucket

OP
OP
ProjectAnemone

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
URL]]

IMG_1956_zpshlqeup71.jpg

IMG_1953_zpsfgnthfvc.jpg

IMG_1951_zpsbm5qk5fq.jpg

IMG_1942_zpsy5x82nhq.jpg

IMG_1927_zpsdjnwjz7p.jpg

IMG_1922_zps5rjilxx5.jpg

IMG_1919_zpsmhfbpb9l.jpg

IMG_1918_zpsqkqnmvgp.jpg

IMG_0076_zpsdbcn7vdo.jpg

IMG_0072_zpsk9nk8ftq.jpg

IMG_0071_zpstrp52bod.jpg

IMG_0086_zpsywr9hjyy.jpg

IMG_0084_zps6werepyx.jpg

IMG_0080_zpslvuv0z1c.jpg

gtbarsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! Can we get a Full Tank Shot?

How do you see things going from here, will you keep it for your own use and enjoyment or are you thinking you will eventually see it in to some commercial use?

OP
OP
ProjectAnemone

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! Can we get a Full Tank Shot?

How do you see things going from here, will you keep it for your own use and enjoyment or are you thinking you will eventually see it in to some commercial use?

Will be selling eventually.

Hard to get an FTS

IMG_5583_zpsvtvqkc8e.jpg

Here's the whole fishroom

IMG_5579_zpss8eeybh4.jpg

IMG_5580_zpstqbppnxx.jpg

IMG_5581_zps3xiyyt3t.jpg

OP
OP
ProjectAnemone

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a garage or a building you built in the back yard?

Its a small section of the basement (14'x14'). Not the original plan, but the wife suggested it and I did it before she change her mind. The area to the left is being made in to a poker room for our monthly game.

IMG_5595_zpsrlzehrdw.jpg

Reefing newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice floor plans. Haha definitely a good idea to have finished that before she said anything. Nice fish room though.

Wouldn't be a bad idea. More isolated room for that and keeps rhe tables out of her view. I see a wet bar there. Would you move that into the poker room or keep it there?

OP
OP
ProjectAnemone

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice floor plans. Haha definitely a good idea to have finished that before she said anything. Nice fish room though.

Wouldn't be a bad idea. More isolated room for that and keeps rhe tables out of her view. I see a wet bar there. Would you move that into the poker room or keep it there?

We built it and moved in 6 years ago. I hate the bar; $14,000 down the toilet in my mind, it looks more like a kitchen! The poker room will just have a small counter with a fridge and a tiny sink. I'm contemplating a urinal by the sump pump, my brother-in-law has one and I love it. The bathroom is the other side of the wall and plumbing would be easy.

Reefing newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We built it and moved in 6 years ago. I hate the bar; $14,000 down the toilet in my mind, it looks more like a kitchen! The poker room will just have a small counter with a fridge and a tiny sink. I'm contemplating a urinal by the sump pump, my brother-in-law has one and I love it. The bathroom is the other side of the wall and plumbing would be easy.

Oh dang yeah I don't blame you on that. At leaSt you know for next time. Hmm for some reason in my mind it was a countertop with a small sink a fridge behind it and and few taps for a few kegs.

Anyways I think that's a great idea. My buddy built a urinal like that and honestly was very useful especially for poker nights.

pledosophy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you turn the pumps off for the video or is there that little flow?

Sorry I am a lurker who is looking to do a 90g nem tank so have been following along. Thanks for sharing your experiences. :D

OP
OP
ProjectAnemone

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pumps were all off. There is a return pump, 2x MP40s and 3xJebaos in there for flow.

OP
OP
ProjectAnemone

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A local shop was getting rid of it. I just got lucky. I got the tub, 5 Chinese black boxes, a skimmer and some pumps for $750.

gtbarsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A local shop was getting rid of it. I just got lucky. I got the tub, 5 Chinese black boxes, a skimmer and some pumps for $750.
That strikes me as an amazing deal! Does anyone know what fiberglass tanks like this usually go for? I for one do not need glass for a frag / grow out system, so if they are a lot less it strikes me that it would be a really good deal. Also with a system like that the flow that could be created with a closed would be huge thanks to nearly zero head pressure. Normally I agree with most people that power heads beat out closed loop for flow. However, there is a big difference between pushing GPH from a power head where the flow dissipates as it moves further away from the power head, and flow that travels down the entire length of a raceway like this. Two Sicce Syncra Pros at 1000 or 1500 gallons/hr (one on a closed loop one on the sump) would provide insane flow!

Now I have a very compelling picture in my head, I may have to start sectioning off part of my basement for something similar!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ProjectAnemone

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to list this one FS. All pics are the same nem under different levels of blue

IMG_5660_zpsgyxcaajm.jpg

IMG_5658_zpsiq1ylhqf.jpg

IMG_5661_zps4bp6r2u9.jpg

IMG_5659_zpstpmzgkhe.jpg

IMG_5662_zpsentay2jo.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back