20gal reef build

SammiMitch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
howdy. Just wanted to share my 20 gal reef build.
Aqua excel hob skimmer
Two 12in truelumen led lights one blue/white one all blue
Both of my older aqueon 500 waver makers broke so I'm looking for a new one currently
That's about it for my equipment.
I'm just messing around with the look of the rocks now. This rock is from my old tank, so it's "dead". But I will be using live sand. I'm using crushed coral to stabilize my rocks and as a bottom layer while I try to find the right spot for them. :) I want to stock the tank with a pair of clowns as the only fish. I'm not sure what kind of clean up crew to have. And not sure what types of coral either .....anyways. Open to suggestions and comments :)

IMG_2172.JPG

IMG_2177.JPG

IMG_2178.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

OP
OP
SammiMitch

SammiMitch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!
Very clean. Great work on the stand.
Thanks!! It was free. We recently moved and the company that moved us wanted to make sure they didn't break any of my tanks (I have 9) so this is the shipping crate they built for my tank lol :D

cwalton00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
howdy. Just wanted to share my 20 gal reef build.
Aqua excel hob skimmer
Two 12in truelumen led lights one blue/white one all blue
Both of my older aqueon 500 waver makers broke so I'm looking for a new one currently
That's about it for my equipment.
I'm just messing around with the look of the rocks now. This rock is from my old tank, so it's "dead". But I will be using live sand. I'm using crushed coral to stabilize my rocks and as a bottom layer while I try to find the right spot for them. :) I want to stock the tank with a pair of clowns as the only fish. I'm not sure what kind of clean up crew to have. And not sure what types of coral either .....anyways. Open to suggestions and comments :)

IMG_2172.JPG

IMG_2177.JPG

IMG_2178.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

That stand turned out pretty good

OP
OP
SammiMitch

SammiMitch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting for it to settle. The little pouch of bio-magnet stuff was busted in my bag of sand :( so I have to wait the old fashion way for it to settle. It's been about 4 days now. Just got settled enough to run my filter and powerhead with out mixing up the sand to bad. I got some big old shells from my gran. Is it ok to put them in my tank as decoration?

IMG_2189.JPG

Back