30+ INSANE Rock Nems in a PICO Reef Crest DropOff AIO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is meant to be a small customer feature. I think we should do these from time to time. Love seeing how everyone does their systems so differently.

This system was setup by @jaugermeister and is a "special" Reef Crest Pico as it was the last demo/test model before production began. Josh couldn't wait so he bought the demo. So, this tank has been setup for about 2 months now and it looks AMAZING!!

Josh's full historic thread can be found here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/shh-santa-came-early.226591/page-6. It's got a number of good tips and pics detailing how he integrated his ATO with the drawer and the simple media basket stop gap he borrowed from his IM Nuvo 40 to give him media bliss in his Reef Crest Pico.

Enjoy!!

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can i score some these size?

For perspective remember this tank is only 9 gallons in size ;)

But if you check josh's historic thread he does mention where he got them and the story associated with it. Apparently one of the few places to get "insane" colored rock nems.

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the care level the same as regular nems or BTAs? Can you choose where to place them or do they find their own spot? Are they aggressive? lighting? etc

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the care level the same as regular nems or BTAs? Can you choose where to place them or do they find their own spot? Are they aggressive? lighting? etc

Rock Nems are quite hardy. They find their own spot just like other nems. They prefer vertical shaded faces or being in the substrate, but they are extremely adaptable to higher light conditions as well.

They can sting coral as other nems can, but not aggressive in a starving carpet nem sense ;).

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back