• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Atlantisdelux

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the rock scape. Once I have sand in it I will be adding some small rubble to the left structure to blend it in a bit better.
IMG_20170220_161759_571.jpg

I'm currently torn between 3 options because as you know much like everything in this hobby......its the great debate.
Iv narrowed it down to 3 options.
#1- 2x hydor koralia 425's on smartwave
#2- 2x hydor koralia 600's on smart wave
#3 2x Jebao pp4's
Thank you, and I respect your opinion but Vortech's are not in my price range or interest, I prefer adjustable direction.
If you would like to add suggested locations of the option you chose you will receive 5 extra brownie points.
The tank will be a mixed reef LPS softie dominant, with a few sps possible in specific places.
I will be running a 400-500 gph return pump (possibly higher depending on which skimmer I go with).
Thanks for your opinions

Coachp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another vote for the jebaos I just got a set for my tank and couldn't be happier!

Bknip

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebaos are nice when they work... I've had some last years and some last weeks. Remember you get what you pay for equipment wise in this hobby.

OP
OP
Atlantisdelux

Atlantisdelux

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, I'm a sucker for a sale.
2 Jebao pp4s for $76. Had to toss the dice and how I get 2 good ones. There's so many different reviews for everything, no matter what your looking to buy, there's a full group of people who hate them and a full group that love them. So here's to good luck and better flow:cool:

OP
OP
Atlantisdelux

Atlantisdelux

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at the newer Jebao DCP 5000 for my 40 breeder with 15/20 gallon sump.
Iv got 2 jebao pp4s ordered and I'm putting all my chips on black and decided to run all jebao.....fingers crossed.
I'm just wondering if the 5000 will be enough or should I run the 6500? Iv read a lot of threads of people with 90 gallons and 40 sumps running the 6500s as low as they go, and with it being a lps/softy tank I don't want it to be over powered.
BUT, I also want to leave some power for future i.e. reactors most likely.

Thanks

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back