OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news! No fatalities in two days. Today got the apex, reeflink and all the cables and power supplies up and going. Still trying to get the MP60's to connect if anyone has some tips. It just stays blinking blue/green amd the second blinks blue/red.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1326.JPG
IMG_1327.JPG
IMG_1328.JPG

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great bud. Check YouTube for a few videos on reeflink and setting up your MP60s.

We did. Lol it just keeps getting stuck in the blinking part. Set up was a pain. We eventually wired it direct. Lights worked fine once we did that. Enough for one day. Next weekend I'll crack that code.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Mithrax. Just as safe as Emerald. That is to say until they decide to eat something you don't want them to.

Thx Ian!! That is good news. I'll spot feed them to try to keep them playing nice. I do have a hermit who snuck in. Mean looking guy.
IMG_1480919368.589977.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WOOT!!

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's qt going Daniel? Hope all is well, glad you're making progress with getting all of your automation done.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's qt going Daniel? Hope all is well, glad you're making progress with getting all of your automation done.

Got a pair of clowns in the frag. QT is waiting on the next batch of clowns that arrive tomorrow. They will be there for some time as I'm waiting on things to get settled down in the DT. No fatalities in 4 days now. Finishing out the kickich since Instarted it. Got Rally's next. Then at least 30-45 days after last dose Il put them in slowly. May add a carpet to the QT to get them acclimated. Any tips? I'd like them to go straight to the anemone. Got a lot of corals arriving tomorrow. I'll post pics. Thx for following along

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if u qt ur fish but u didn't remove all of ur fish from display ur putting qt ed fish into a death trap from my understanding.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if u qt ur fish but u didn't remove all of ur fish from display ur putting qt ed fish into a death trap from my understanding.

Lots of systems have ich in it. Key is to keep everything stable. Worst mistake I made was adding so much livestock and CUC at once. There was ich in the tank but it was under control. The fish were eating and the ich was not noticeable. I pushed the envelope(having known better which is what makes it worst :-() and it just exploded. I will start feeding the clowns metroplex as well. It will be a long time before anyone is added. There are few fish in there as well. Don't know if the kick ich is working but no one has gone down in 4 days now. I've had ich in the past but never as violent as this. In the past it was also a established system so the impact was minimal. I remember I used a medication called greenex and that was the end of it my hippo would spot from time to time but it would subside. Being out of the hobby for so long I just went impulse crazy with buys and went against everything I had planned basically. Rookie mistake with dire consequences :-(

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right and I get that. But when u qt the new fish u are in a sense destroying there immune system so when u put the qt ed fish in with no immune system into a tank with ich that equation equals death. I hope for ur sake I am completely and utterly wrong but I do know after qt Ing my fish and not goon the ich management way my fish look so much healthier

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I believe if ur going this route u should make a diy diatom filter out of a fluva Carthage filter

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I believe if ur going this route u should make a diy diatom filter out of a fluva Carthage filter

I was looking for a diatom filter. Also will be turning the UV on. There is a thread ongoing in reference to the diatom filter. Interesting thread but forgot to bookmark it and got cut off when my phone died.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size Fluval will I need amd how much diatom will I need for around 800 gallons?

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ophhh a I'm working I'll look into my notes when I get home.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back