A Capital Dream - 400g SPS build

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. Just seemed cool to me. No other reason than they do tend to hang together when the lights are on. They are the closest to shoaling that I have.

I like!! I'll start my research on them as of now. You think they would hold up with tangs in the aquarium or are they ultra skittish?

OP
OP
rockworm

rockworm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like!! I'll start my research on them as of now. You think they would hold up with tangs in the aquarium or are they ultra skittish?
Mine aren't skittish at all. I have an autofeeder that runs twice a day and they are the more aggressive going to the feeder. Mine are about 4 inches and they have no problem running ahead of my rabbitfish, who is 7".

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine aren't skittish at all. I have an autofeeder that runs twice a day and they are the more aggressive going to the feeder. Mine are about 4 inches and they have no problem running ahead of my rabbitfish, who is 7".

Great!

OP
OP
rockworm

rockworm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a new addition for the tank this weekend:

Emp_Angel_zpsi0k8rfdl.jpg~original

This little emperor angel is ~2" long. He is currently in the qt tank. He is eating well but I expect him to be in there for a while. I have read that they don't go well in an LPS tank, but do well in an SPS tank. I will give him time to grow out before he goes in the big boys.

Landon722

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is hit or miss with the emperor. Not worth the risk in my opinion. I have an emperor in my tank, have no more zoas or kenya tree. He picks at everything, i would advise against adding him if you enjoy seeing your polyp extension on your sps.

OP
OP
rockworm

rockworm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is hit or miss with the emperor. Not worth the risk in my opinion. I have an emperor in my tank, have no more zoas or kenya tree. He picks at everything, i would advise against adding him if you enjoy seeing your polyp extension on your sps.
I know about them eating zoas and LPS. There is less risk with SPS and I have seen others who have been succussful in their SPS tanks. I know there is a chance he may nip at SPS, but I may still take the gamble. He is still in qt and if I change my mind, the LFS will take it back for credit.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked up a new addition for the tank this weekend:

Emp_Angel_zpsi0k8rfdl.jpg~original

This little emperor angel is ~2" long. He is currently in the qt tank. He is eating well but I expect him to be in there for a while. I have read that they don't go well in an LPS tank, but do well in an SPS tank. I will give him time to grow out before he goes in the big boys.

Beautiful fish!

OP
OP
rockworm

rockworm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I have still not decided if he is going in the tank. The more I research, the more I find that some may nip at SPS. Meaty LPS and zoas are a target for many, but the 400g has SPS only. Tough decision.[emoji19]
A little update. I put the emperor in the tank about 10 days ago. Unfortunately, he became a nipper and found monti's and millie's very tasteful. He is now in jail (actually quarantine) and will be going back to the lfs this week.

I had hoped it would work out, but I value my SPS over my fish. I still feel it was a worthwhile experiment. It took two days with the fish trap to capture him, which is not bad, IMO. Little fellow outsmarted me yesterday, but I outsmarted him today. I am still not sure if my ego should be bruised. [emoji1]

Last edited:
OP
OP
rockworm

rockworm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to welcome my newest frag.

Xsavior_zpsay2u9gko.jpg~original

I am now a grandpa to Xsavior James William Angel. He was born yesterday evening and weighed in at 4 lbs 10 oz. He is in very good health and my daughter is as well. This has been a very merry Christmas for all of us.

Oh yeah, the tank is doing good.

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to welcome my newest frag.

Xsavior_zpsay2u9gko.jpg~original

I am now a grandpa to Xsavior James William Angel. He was born yesterday evening and weighed in at 4 lbs 10 oz. He is in very good health and my daughter is as well. This has been a very merry Christmas for all of us.

Oh yeah, the tank is doing good.

Congrats brother!!

OP
OP
rockworm

rockworm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats brother!!

Congratulations on the grandchild. A Merry Christmas indeed!

The life is better with frags like that. Congratulations!!!!!

Congratulations!!

Fantastic tank thread as well!
I thank you all. [emoji3] This has been a very special year for all of us. I flew my mom here this year and she got to see her kids she has not seen in many years. It has been 5 years since she saw her daughter, (my sister), so mom, at the age of 79, got to be with us, her daughter and her great grandson. Life has been good to us and I am greatful for the friends that I have here on R2R. [emoji106]

OP
OP
rockworm

rockworm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a busy week. My newest frag has been in intensive care for jaundice and feeding problems. However, I am proud to say that he has come through these and may actually be discharged on Sat. He now weighs about 4.5 lbs and is doing very well.

94ae0d57a0a4e9fd375b6b7ce6bb3b77.jpg

My wife and I are kind of use to this as both our children were premature. Our son was born at 26 weeks and weighed 1lb 12.5oz and our daughter at 30 weeks and 2 lb 5 oz.

I have had some issues with the tank and have lost a few corals. However, family comes first and the tank will recover. I will update sometime in the next week.

MamaLovesHerReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a busy week. My newest frag has been in intensive care for jaundice and feeding problems. However, I am proud to say that he has come through these and may actually be discharged on Sat. He now weighs about 4.5 lbs and is doing very well.

94ae0d57a0a4e9fd375b6b7ce6bb3b77.jpg

My wife and I are kind of use to this as both our children were premature. Our son was born at 26 weeks and weighed 1lb 12.5oz and our daughter at 30 weeks and 2 lb 5 oz.

I have had some issues with the tank and have lost a few corals. However, family comes first and the tank will recover. I will update sometime in the next week.
Congrats on the new addition. :):):)

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For any of you who are following this thread, I just found out that Ward (Rockworm) passed away earlier this summer. He had been struggling with some serious medical issues for a number of years.

R.I.P.

Back