Nice shots!

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marc,

I Can't Wait to See Your Presentation at the C-Sea Frag Swap on October, 22nd in Cleveland Ohio

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/c...ctober-22-2016-marc-levenson-speaking.263090/

If anybody would like to Attend Please Click on the Link Above for More Info :)

marc-levenson.JPG

Marc Levenson (melev) will be Speaking at the Swap!!!!!!

Known to many online as "melev", Marc Levenson has been in the hobby for since 1998. Marc owns and runs two websites:melevsreef.com & reefaddicts.com that are there to help hobbyists everywhere. His site started off as a single page many years ago, then grew to include additional topics of interest such as acrylic work, photography, solutions to pests, information about his reef tanks, lighting, feeding, critter ID and more. Podcasts, videos, product reviews and articles provide answers to many of the questions raised by hobbyists worldwide.

If words and pictures weren’t enough, Marc also delved into additional media:

Podcasting: From 2006 to 2009, about three dozen shows were released on Reefcast.com Do a search on iTunes for "reefcast" to find past episodes. Mostly audio downloads in mp3 format, but some were vidcasts. Then beginning in 2010, Reef Addicts’ podcast commenced, and can be found on iTunes as well. Search for "reefaddicts" for shows.

Videos: Reefaddicts has more than 40 videos available via the YouTube.com/reefaddicts, and more videos can be found onYouTube.com/melevsreef

Marc has been a fan of MACNA since 2002 and hasn’t missed one since. He was on the BOD (Board of Directors) for MASNA, and is still on the BOD for DFWMAS since 2004. He was the club president of DFWMAS for three years, working to keep the membership growing and provide interesting content both online and at the monthly meetings. Marc has magazine articles in print, and was a contributing author to "Reefkeeping Basics." He was editor of Reefkeeping Magazine for 14 months, and travels to speak to clubs across the nation. When he’s not busy with that, he builds custom acrylic wares and sells RO/DI systems and other products via his online store. His current tanks are a 400g reef and a 60g anemone cube.

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are about 11 more hours to enter the contest to win two free passes to MACNA next month.

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This week's video is about Coral Magazine and why I think you need to read it too.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

jenkinscrew2578

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks so great Marc! Thats gotta be so relaxing sitting there watching your reef. Can't wait to have something that nice one day.

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marc are you a Big fan of the eductors? Would you recommend using them at the end of sea swirls or at the end of CL?

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marc are you a Big fan of the eductors? Would you recommend using them at the end of sea swirls or at the end of CL?
I love my penductors (or eductors), but they do create backpressure on the pump. I don't know how a SeaSwirl would be affected by them, or not. They do need to be about 4" beneath the water's surface or they can vortex in some air.

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my penductors (or eductors), but they do create backpressure on the pump. I don't know how a SeaSwirl would be affected by them, or not. They do need to be about 4" beneath the water's surface or they can vortex in some air.
Great thx

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great as always Marc! I always enjoy your tank updates and appreciate all the time you take to help other hobbyists.

On another note, I am having a rose bubble "problem"... I have 4 the size of plates that started as 2 the size of baseballs :) I have a 60 cube all starfire and a Kessil A360we sitting around and I am thinking of hooking it up to the system and starting my own clown/anemone cube! Any advice or gotchas to avoid? Looking for your experience to boost chances of success!

Thanks in advance!

Don

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great as always Marc! I always enjoy your tank updates and appreciate all the time you take to help other hobbyists.

On another note, I am having a rose bubble "problem"... I have 4 the size of plates that started as 2 the size of baseballs :) I have a 60 cube all starfire and a Kessil A360we sitting around and I am thinking of hooking it up to the system and starting my own clown/anemone cube! Any advice or gotchas to avoid? Looking for your experience to boost chances of success!

Thanks in advance!

Don

Running it tied into your reef should be perfectly fine if your life support is up to the task. My twin tanks have been going for nearly 3 years (this November is the anniversary again) and I love how I only have to clean the glass on the 60g and feed it. My biggest "job" is to clean the sponge on the vortech daily.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 58 79.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.5%
Back