OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AWesome Ron!!!! How do you like Lightroom so far? I have version 1.4, I imagine you have 2.0 right? (Oh, BTW, your Merlietti looks WAY better then mine!)

Thanks Saltysteele, I have my reasons for not posting it on MR. ;) With a little practice, and learning to use what you have to its best, you can take pictures just as good.

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Garth Schafluetzel

75 gal mixed tank in work
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you had any problems with your return line i have to take down and redo the stand due to the fact theres realy not any room to work in i cant fit my fuge light in there and its just about impossible to get to my plumbing and honestly i dont know how it went together so easy. but i would realy like to do something like this i have 2- 750gph returns only thing i would think it would almost be a gental flow but i could do one coming to the top of the tank and one to the bottom. is that t at the tope adge of the tank your siphon break? maybe some pics?i was thinking maybe 1/2 pvc or 3/4 and doing a vfrom the middle to the outside corners

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No troubles at all with the returns. Actually, that is a siphon break and I use it for flow, but it works flawlessly.

Here is a picture of my sump:
367078688_ecKdF-L.jpg

The return line is the one to the far right, it goes from a Blueline 55 thru the 57W UV, then into the tank.

The far left is the skimmer feed, and the middle one is the bypass for any water that does not go into the skimmer.

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so do you honestly think i could use one of my pumps to do something similiar without to much flow being lost i know its not going to blow everything crazy but i would like to have some random current ya know and seeing how i will not add sand till after the stand rebuild it would almost be painless to do this plan and i could have a v in the mid tank beside the line running down to the bottome of the tank witch would be my shaded zoa trench in the futur so it would be well hidden i think if nothing else its worth a try and im sure the water will make its way out lol i think combined in the end with the mj mods and a single vortech mp20 i should be ok for flow. sorry for such a long post but im just realy unhappy with how the first setup of my 125 went no room to work i cant even get my arm to the bottom of my sump i cant setup my fuge cant get the pumps out if i wanted to o and i cant get my heaters down there. so im trying to replan everything out again since the first didnt work the way i wanted ill have to drain the main tank and breack the siphon to the 75 pred tank move skimmer drain and drain from the 75 out of the way raise the top of the stand about a foot rebuild stain and add new up down panel and replumb everything so im trying to cover my base this time. i realy would like there to be room for me to comfrontable work ya know.

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why not, having the returns on the bottom does not increase head pressure any, at least I don't think so.

If you want room to work, then a basement sump is the way to go!

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im in the basment ( im 19) i live downstairs with 1 full bath 1 bed room one equipment room and a living room lol so no were to go but the fish room lol and the 7 foot hole were my 6 ft tank sits lol in all honestly i realy like every thing ecept the micro bubbles from a ton of flow and not being able to reach anything to fix it but the overall design is great in my eyes just needs some tweeks because right now if i pump were to get clogged or malfuntion yes i would be ok cosidering i have 3 returns right now but i would not be able to clean or maintain in anyway

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it WILL happen eventually. I have had my return pump stop a couple times due to my own errors, calcium precipitation events. (Never add Sodium BiCarbonate and Kalk at the same time... the tank turns to milk, and your pumps will GRIND to a halt.)

Last edited:

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the tip lol i will have to pic up a point and shoot i was thinking of one of th 7 mega pixel comba printer base a camra for like 180$ not the best but it will do for now i guess

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Virtually ANY point and shoot today will give you decent pictures, provided you learn how to use it properly.

Ron S.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Mike. I don't know what version I have, will have to look later. Need some more time to learn it. I have been using the program that came with the camera, seems to do what I need and is simply to use.

Ron

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I use SeaChem's Gray Coast substrate, it was SUPPOSED to help maintain Mg concentrations, but alas.... it doesn't. I even have some (about 3-4 pounds) in my Ca reactor, where I keep the pH at 6.7.

One more, this is why the tank is worth it for me:
377386417_KazWH-L.jpg

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm going to add some of that gray coast to my new tank. I'm not big on the white sand look. It looks really good in your tank.

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks J, I like it too.

I was hoping for some Mg help with it, but that hasn't happened. I really like the look myself, and Acan's seem to like being on the sand, I think the dark color helps from cooking them with reflected light.

Ron S.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike is that the Red planet in the second pic 5 post up? How do you like it so far? I should bring my macro lens over for you to take some close up pics.

Ron

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back