A Gyre pump your budget can get along with? YES, PLEASE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

enthejungle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a mixed 60 cube with the Profilux 4 on the way. This might be an answer to a new powerhead without having to buy a supplement connection.

I've heard great things about the water movement but the durability is somewhat of a concern.

I guess I do some more research and decide whether or not to pull the trigger.

Mattyice008

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would this do on a SCA 50g cube? I have the rock set up in a horse shoe shape facing the front. Have 2 Jebao's on it now, but I get a few dead spots

Bdrake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GPH on lowest setting? Nano version in the works? Show us nano guys some love lol

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if you guys think one of these would be all the flow that I need for the inside of a 40-gallon breeder mixed tank

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes should be fine. I think it starts 25-100 gallon tanks.
I know the amount of flow is fine. I'm wondering about the randomness and ability to hit all areas of the tank leaving little to no dead spots

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the flow thats provided by pumps with this design...but the Maxspect quality issues has prevented me from investing in a couple of these for my tank. The Icecap is hopefully much better in the quality of parts aspect.

Salt Kreep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unboxed mine last night but got home too late to install the 3K. My tank inhabitants will have to bear one last night of my 8 year old Vortech grinding away its bearings.

Out of the box the pump felt like something produced by one of the higher end mfg's, build quality similar to a tunze or vortech pump. Thick cables between pump and controller. Stay tuned.

Salt Kreep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the 3K into my tank (55 gal, I know, but it's there for a reason...) and yeah, this pump moves water ...ALOT.

It is a significantly noticeable improvement in terms of water movement around the entire tank.
I have it oriented vertically so it creates a true gyre. It won't fit in a 55 Gal with both sides horizontally, unless it's tilted.

It is a different flow pattern entirely from a Vortech. It's noticeably more quiet then an MP40. Now my skimmer is the loudest component in the room. These are my own observations, that's all....I don't want to turn this into a Vortech vs. Gyre thread.

DeepBrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the 3K into my tank (55 gal, I know, but it's there for a reason...) and yeah, this pump moves water ...ALOT.

It is a significantly noticeable improvement in terms of water movement around the entire tank.
I have it oriented vertically so it creates a true gyre. It won't fit in a 55 Gal with both sides horizontally, unless it's tilted.

It is a different flow pattern entirely from a Vortech. It's noticeably more quiet then an MP40. Now my skimmer is the loudest component in the room. These are my own observations, that's all....I don't want to turn this into a Vortech vs. Gyre thread.

That's good to hear. I have one on the way. I got it for a 40B but I think I'm going to try it in my 75 and see how it does.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back