1   0   0
Thanks for adding this!

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it is worth I have had great results dipping in Furan 2 (15 minutes) and/or freshwater (RO/DI 5 minutes)

Pretty sure Zoacollector.com recommends Furan2 ;) Great source ;)

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
So You Can
KEEP CALM AND REEF ON!!

Last edited:

LukeG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Bayer and I'm really happy with it. Only once did I find pests and they jumped off with the Bayer and tank water mixture. I always rinse well with more tank water.

Scubaduderay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.... I just joined RTR and am new at the hobby, I am having issues with my coral not opening.... Is this creature one of the problems maybe?

gatoralum69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine put me onto Kordon Malachite Green. I usually use that when zoas have that brown film and have not opened in a couple of days. This dip is mainly for fungus etc. After that, if they are still closed I dip them in hydrogen peroxide (about 5 parts water 1 part hydrogen peroxide).

gatoralum69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In regards to your question this might be due to too many "bugs". Do you have a mandarin or Wrasse? I find either one of those to co-inhabit with reefs just to protect yourself from over population of bugs.

Themonsterisme

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You say Bayer.....?

I used 5-6ml per cup of saltwater for 10 minutes and with a pump for flow in the dipping bucket.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398824628.317127.jpg
has to be this exact product...you wouldn't believe how good this works ...can do it multiple times with no ill effects to corals

Last edited:

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used 5-6ml per cup of saltwater for 10 minutes and with a pump for flow in the dipping bucket.
has to be this exact product...you wouldn't believe how good this works ...can do it multiple times with no ill effects to corals

Good god, why do you use so much Bauer?! Lol

RocketCityReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I use the same stuff at about 7-8ml/cup for 10 minutes. Use a turkey baster to blast the crap out of them. Never had an issue...this stuff works! You wouldn't believe the stuff that falls off the frags.

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the same stuff at about 7-8ml/cup for 10 minutes. Use a turkey baster to blast the crap out of them. Never had an issue...this stuff works! You wouldn't believe the stuff that falls off the frags.

I use it for my acros, but 1 ml per cup. And I love your profile pic lol

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Bayer on all New Corals including Zoanthids.

Then I use a High Powered Magnifying Glass with a Light on it to Inspect for Eggs.

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use hydrogen peroxide mixed with sw to help rid things of pest and algae. Then i dip in a sw/iodine mix, then into plain sw to rinse off, then back in the tank.

I don't have a ratio as i eyeball the amounts i mix with the sw. I've had alot of success.

I clean all of my frags in my frag tank once every couple months with this method, and i usually see a spike in growth.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use hydrogen peroxide mixed with sw to help rid things of pest and algae. Then i dip in a sw/iodine mix, then into plain sw to rinse off, then back in the tank.

I don't have a ratio as i eyeball the amounts i mix with the sw. I've had alot of success.

I clean all of my frags in my frag tank once every couple months with this method, and i usually see a spike in growth.

You see extra growth after using Peroxide.

I would think it would be the opposite as (for me anyways) Peroxide seems to stress them out.

What dose / time are you using for the dips?

zoaplug

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to thank everyone who has commented on this topic, but I really want to get some feedback on the Zoa Dip idea.

What do you do? If anything at all, there is no shame in saying nothing. I've just recently started to dip myself.
If you are a dipper, than what do you use that my be different from the recipe given above? Or what techniques do you change, remove, or just something you do different.

Any input is better than no input.
I do the same method but just use RO/DI dip for 10 mins

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back