A reef safe product that worked to kill ICH.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

edosan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! thanks for sharing and debating very interesting

@Animal Chin
What corals do you have?
When did you start dosing? When did you finish? (dates)
How long has been since you noticed ich last time on fish? (days, weeks, months?)

@all
H2O2 = Peroxid Acids? (don´t think so, or I am wrong? I understand some peroxid acid are sulfuric acid + H2o2), actually is a Salt
Metronidazol...I was under the impresion that Metro do squat on marine ich

@wrestle1952
Is my undestanding that Ich Shield contains Choloquine P. The use of CP in a reef tank is dangerous. 1 pellet in a coral and problems. Also the fish poops out the CP and zoaxantellas will die. So not very reef safe (I have seen corals and shrimps die on this), Fish only sistem might work good tho.

@RoyalGrammaJohn
Grounded Ginger? that is new to me...I will look into it (but I am afraid is similar to Garlic?)

@Paul B
I know you are watching and smiling about all this ;)

To be honest, I do not care if is a cure or inmunity, but if after 1 or 2 months there is no sign of ich, that is a good thing. (But today I do not believe this can cure ich from a reeftank...I will give it a try tho)
PolyLab Med is powder/salt

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Animal Chin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I know there are a lot of disbelievers and that's fine, it is what it is but I'm telling you, I went from a tank that had a few spots of visible ich for months and months to a totally clear tank. It wasn't because the tang built up an amunity, it clearly didn't as it showed a few spots all the time. The ich that fell off was killed in the free swimming stage I'm assuming.

OP
OP
A

Animal Chin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Animal Chin
What corals do you have?

Mixed reef with SPS, LPS and zoa/mushrooms, I have it all. Nothing effected at all. See attached pic...

When did you start dosing? When did you finish? (dates)

Sorry don't have the dates but I did the full 20 day treatment using the max dosage per the instructions.

How long has been since you noticed ich last time on fish? (days, weeks, months?)

Late June I believe...

IMG_0269.JPG

Roberto CRC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought it but I have not had to use the Medic of PolypLabs. As I read before buying it is quite good and effective.

edosan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the answers, so basically 1 and a half months with no ich signs? Great!

And no adverse signs on corals also?

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably my fault for assuming that the H202 resulting was the active ingredient there. I'm basing that on wikipedia:
Few reactions are generally formulated for peroxide salt. In excess of dilute acids or water they release hydrogen peroxide.

OP
OP
A

Animal Chin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the answers, so basically 1 and a half months with no ich signs? Great!

And no adverse signs on corals also?

None at all, everything healthy and fine from inverts to anemones to coral. Every once in a while my duncans would close when I added the powder because the powder takes a while to disolve and would land in the duncans ployps but they'd open up again within the half hour. None of my other coral even reacted in the slightest. My wrasses would try to eat it but spit it out after they realized it wasn't food.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I know there are a lot of disbelievers and that's fine, it is what it is but I'm telling you, I went from a tank that had a few spots of visible ich for months and months to a totally clear tank. It wasn't because the tang built up an amunity, it clearly didn't as it showed a few spots all the time. The ich that fell off was killed in the free swimming stage I'm assuming.

https://reefs.com/forum/reefs-magazine/77954-skeptical-reefkeeping-richard-ross.html

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm slowly learning about notorious fish deceases like ick. I have one question. Can the fish naturally without any aid, fight it off and cure itself. I apologize in advance if this side tracks the discussion.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

edosan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 1: dose 10 scoops in the morning and 10 in the evening direct to the sump. (I know is a bit more for my volume arround 280 or 300g, but I follow the directions on a video a saw)
Day 2: same dosage but now I disolve it first in a bit of tank water
Corals are irritated, fishes are twitching a bit more than normal. Ich in my tank is controlled, no loses before and so far no loses after.
I will keep you posted. My plan is to dose for 20 days.
But I have to say: I am not a beliver, I do like to test myself tho

Last edited:

edosan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have dose 3 diferent tanks, the dt (the one on my signature) did nothing at all and I lost a few delicate acros. The other 2 with rocks and fishes only seems to work but too soon to tell.

I just stop dosing in the DT, was a waste there and very sad to see rtn on acros. Definitly I would not recomend PLM on sps tanks. (Just my experience)

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have dose 3 diferent tanks, the dt (the one on my signature) did nothing at all and I lost a few delicate acros. The other 2 with rocks and fishes only seems to work but too soon to tell.

I just stop dosing in the DT, was a waste there and very sad to see rtn on acros. Definitly I would not recomend PLM on sps tanks. (Just my experience)

Did you dose in the tank or sump?

edosan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump, diluted on tank water for a few minutes. The acros lost might be something else...or not, but start after dosing, the rest of pieces looks fine

Back