Acans shrinking and exposing skeleton

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, let's work on that. I'd say you need at least an 8-10 hour schedule first. Set the timer to when you're home the most. Seeing it as I'm home mostly at night, so the light fixture isn't on till at least 3pm and off at midnight. That way I get to see the inhabitants when I'm home. There are others here during the day, but to heck with them, it's my tank.

OP
OP
Mike628

Mike628

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, let's work on that. I'd say you need at least an 8-10 hour schedule first. Set the timer to when you're home the most. Seeing it as I'm home mostly at night, so the light fixture isn't on till at least 3pm and off at midnight. That way I get to see the inhabitants when I'm home. There are others here during the day, but to heck with them, it's my tank.
Ok so how do I adjust the schedule? It goes in increments of 30 minutes. Just every day add 30 minutes until that mid day break is filled up and then go from there?

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now, let's work on intensity. Do you have any fine point colored pencils? It'll rub off the light, but it'll help with remembering where the previous position was. Use the pencil or anything to mark where the dial is pointed, and slowly creep it up a little. Leave it there for about a week, then do the same again.

OP
OP
Mike628

Mike628

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now, let's work on intensity. Do you have any fine point colored pencils? It'll rub off the light, but it'll help with remembering where the previous position was. Use the pencil or anything to mark where the dial is pointed, and slowly creep it up a little. Leave it there for about a week, then do the same again.
Yes I have some. How do I go about doing this?

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so how do I adjust the schedule? It goes in increments of 30 minutes. Just every day add 30 minutes until that mid day break is filled up and then go from there?

Show me the timer please. So I know what I'm working with.

OP
OP
Mike628

Mike628

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pushed in indicates when it turns off.
1483589101635.jpg

OP
OP
Mike628

Mike628

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im about to feed my fish, can I spot feed my hammers and acans some brine shrimp?

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a half cube of brine shrimp and I just literally fed thay to all my acans and hammers haha. My fish got just a little bit of it

Remember to warm it with tank water. Let's work on intensity now.

Using a pencil, mark where the intensity knob is on the top of the fixture and move it up a little. Also, post a pic of the tank too.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back