Advice with Dino X

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to try Dino X on my tank for a dino problem. Been fighting it for 7 months. It only exits on my sand and everything from vibrant to increasing flow to 3 day blackout hasn't helped. .

My main question is that I have read that u have to stop 2 part dosing while using it. If I do that my alk will fall like a rock and will also drop my ph. I'm sure my corals won't be happy without there alk and calcium. What does everybody do in this case??

brilovescats

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it took us so long to get back to you!
I've certainly never used Dino-X, but came across this feed because it's my next try after Vibrant to try and stop my Bryopsis. From the manufacturer recommendations:
"Calcium-Reactors and the Balling-Method can be use during the treatment." This sounds like 2-part is just fine, because Balling is super close to 2-part.
http://static.faunamarin.de/manuals/algea_x_en_sep.pdf

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't stop dosing.
Warning though... this stuff ain't no joke. Killed off my entire urchin population and not sure what else. Possibly my serpent stars. My pep shrimp is still around. I went two weeks and was cleared up enough that I stopped and started doing large water changes.
Tank looks pretty clear so far though.

OP
OP
Thor2j

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to manufacture and they said u can 2 part dose but not with trace elements. I'm gonna start next week but can't use B-Ionic, have to use simple brs.

Back