After addition of Valentini Puffer, my cleaner shrimp has lost his antenna and is hiding in the rock

Riley Pasha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before the addition of my Valentini Puffer, my cleaner shrimp would roam the tank with my 2 clownfish and all was well. Then when I added my Valentini Puffer, the shrimp now hides between two rocks and seems to have lost all his antennas (rn they are all very small).

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that just a statement or is there a question in there or is it a warning that your Valentini Puffer is trying to eat your cleaner shrimp?

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the antennae, the legs, and last a delicious meal of scrimp sushi! Puffers don't mix with any crustaceans, sorry to say.[emoji52]

OP
OP
R

Riley Pasha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the antennae, the legs, and last a delicious meal of scrimp sushi! Puffers don't mix with any crustaceans, sorry to say.[emoji52]
I heard they were fine with cleaner shrimp cuz they realized how helpful they were in getting rid of pests

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, shrimp are on the puffers natural food diet. Some times cleaner shrimp can be alright for awhile with invert eating fish, but usually they will eventually be dinner.

Back