AI Customer Service

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys what's up?
So my prime HD just went out last night out of nowhere. I called AI they were really awesome. My problem is something with the hardware in the light. They are having me send them the light and they are sending a replacement. They said if there is no water damage in the light they would just give me a new one. Has anyone had any experience like that? Was it an easy thing? Did they just have you keep the new light? I would like to hear feed back. Please. I do not just want to be out $200 for nothing. Also how long does the warranty last?
Thank you

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes My fan quit working on my ai prime after a few months. Same deal sent me s brand new one. Awesome customer service!

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent mine back..called to confirm they received it and all was good to go!

OP
OP
Jaag

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you have any salt creep on your light at all?

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk..I just know that it's built to go over salt water lol so if they didn't make it able to handle salt creep, then that's on them.

Shameless_Dood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fan went out on mine...well it was making really strange noises probably a few weeks after they came out. They sent me a replacement, after taking my credit card information, while I kept mine that wasn't working properly. The understanding was they would charge my credit card if they didn't get the malfunctioning one back within a certain time period.

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fan went out on mine...well it was making really strange noises probably a few weeks after they came out. They sent me a replacement, after taking my credit card information, while I kept mine that wasn't working properly. The understanding was they would charge my credit card if they didn't get the malfunctioning one back within a certain time period.

Dang I didn't have to give them my CC info.

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uhh I don't remember but regardless if it's something you can't control you should be good man

OP
OP
Jaag

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK cool I'm hoping so. I had the slightest amount of salt creep and I don't want them to say water damage caused it.
I think the main board got fried.

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please let us know the outcome once you find out! They seem like young guys and don't seem like they are out to get people.

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this problem my fan went out but they sent my a new fan unit I got it in 3 days with a YouTube link on how to do it very simple also but you need 2 different T bits. I got them in a precision screwdriver set at Wal-Mart for 5 buck them my violet light bulb went out and the sent me the primeHd because they don't send out the old primes anymore so free upgrade hopefully this happens to you also but their customer service is excellent

OP
OP
Jaag

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So the verdict is there was water damage... I don't know how there would be but I guess there was. I'm pretty bummed about it because I'm a college kid with no money. So now I don't know what I'm going to do.

OP
OP
Jaag

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is the inside. I sent them this picture and from the picture they thought it looked good but when it showed up to AI it didn't pass the test. Thank you guys for all your input.

I think I'm going to have to sell my tank. Sad day for me.

20170202_100957_001.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back