AI Hydra 26 HD WIFI Question?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the older RSM S-400 (Factory 10 bulb t5 canopy)

I just ordered the Red Sea S-400 led upgrade kit from (lfs) last week. It should ship in about mid week. :)

The kit runs (2) 26-hd Hydra's.

I've been reading about the Hydra HD's Wifi issues for over a year.

A few years ago a bought this for my Apex controller to talk wifi.
It's plugged behind my tank directly into a wall socket and it also uses my homes wiring talk to my wifi router directly.

Should this product resolve the HD's wifi Issues?

Thanks, GoVols

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the hydra app to control my lights. I did not want to purchase the wmx module for apex.
The only issue I have found with the wifi was during setup for the parent child. Other wise the wifi has been pretty solid.

Kenfishy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're referring to a range extender, it works most of the time. I have seen an improvement with the wifi connection. I used to have problems all the time with the connection between the parent and child lights. It happens rarely now.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the hydra app to control my lights. I did not want to purchase the wmx module for apex.
The only issue I have found with the wifi was during setup for the parent child. Other wise the wifi has been pretty solid.

If you're referring to a range extender, it works most of the time. I have seen an improvement with the wifi connection. I used to have problems all the time with the connection between the parent and child lights. It happens rarely now.

Thank You :)

Have you been happy with your Hydra's: Overall tank color Spectrum / Coral Colors / Growth and Shimmer?
I like a more natural looking shimmer. I'm not into that Kessil blue shimmer as much anymore... JMO
For myself Kessil's kind of have a blue wash out regarding yellow fish and corals.

Kenfishy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still messing with my settings. I am using t5s to supplement and to fill in the shadowing. Will let you know when I have it dialed in

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You :)

Have you been happy with your Hydra's: Overall tank color Spectrum / Coral Colors / Growth and Shimmer?
I like a more natural looking shimmer. I'm not into that Kessil blue shimmer as much anymore... JMO
For myself Kessil's kind of have a blue wash out regarding yellow fish and corals.
I am blown away with mine.
A little back ground:)
After taking a reef break I decided when I came back that I was going to try something new, after running t5's and helides. My first light was a good LED light but really just for a shallow, soft coral, and fish only live rock tank.
After setting up the Hydra 26 hd's my system took off, color was great, and I like the shimmer. The shimmer in not over top and look great. The color is what one sets the light at, and the light are strong.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back