AI Prime/hd par help

carlosguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seriously need some info on what the par on these lights are.
if possible at like 3, 6 and 12 inch depths and also at full power and something like only blues on 100%

also, i own both prime and prime hd so ill take numbers for either thanks

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you're getting a little overly concerned about the par for the Prime. A single AI Prime (HD or Reg) can grow just about anything you want in your tank. I've looked for a few par maps but came up empty handed. I doubt anyone has taken the time to map out the PAR numbers for this light. That said, let's call in some of the LED guys.

@mcarroll @saltyfilmfolks

OP
OP
carlosguy

carlosguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you're getting a little overly concerned about the par for the Prime. A single AI Prime (HD or Reg) can grow just about anything you want in your tank. I've looked for a few par maps but came up empty handed. I doubt anyone has taken the time to map out the PAR numbers for this light. That said, let's call in some of the LED guys.

@mcarroll @saltyfilmfolks

i get you, but i just cant find any solid info. their site says peak par is 90 then others will say its like 200

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mounting height and color settings can all potentially impact the PAR numbers quite a bit giving you an apples to oranges comparison....so you have to pay attention to those details between comparisons.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For example, AI provides measurements in air if I remember correctly. When you're comparing those measurements with someone on the internet who measured in water, that's yet another big factor.

Back