AI Vega

MBSL55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't add anything new other than what has been said. They will be working on beta testing the AI Director after MACNA. Don't know if the Sol upgrades or custom pucks will be released first or have a firm release date for these items.

Still catching-up from MACNA but I've got a bunch of frags and other corals in my tank now so I'll try to get someone local who is good with DSLR to come over and take pictures of the actual corals under the lights.

OP
OP
Kbra

Kbra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
amurany4.jpg

OP
OP
Kbra

Kbra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else's Vegas turn on at midnight for a minute each? The controller doesn't seem to realize its on either. Really weird...

MBSL55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, mine do that and I have them set in coral acclimation mode. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else's Vegas turn on at midnight for a minute each? The controller doesn't seem to realize its on either. Really weird...

Yes and its so annoying!!! I have been in touch with them about this.

OP
OP
Kbra

Kbra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my fans started making grinding noises and they sent me a replacement. Now tonight a second one is doing it.

Anyone else have bad fans?

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look very nice over your tank :) AI are good people, I'm sure they'll fix what ever issues you're experiencing. It can be frustrating though...

125g mixed reef Peninsula

OP
OP
Kbra

Kbra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look very nice over your tank :) AI are good people, I'm sure they'll fix what ever issues you're experiencing. It can be frustrating though...

Yup I've been in touch with them. Trying to see how common these issues are.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do hope they're well worth all the issues... I am planning on adding at least one to my Sol Blues in February or adding one and upgrading the 2 SBs if money permits. It looks like they have great color from your picture. Does it look as nice in person? What size is your tank?

OP
OP
Kbra

Kbra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do hope they're well worth all the issues... I am planning on adding at least one to my Sol Blues in February or adding one and upgrading the 2 SBs if money permits. It looks like they have great color from your picture. Does it look as nice in person? What size is your tank?

Mines a 9ft 330gal. They have a more 14k look where the sols seemed more 20k. The red doesn't seem to blend that well but overall I think they will serve their function. I moved a bunch of sps on there last weekend some time will tell. The controller and fan issues are lame. But maybe that's what you get with new equipment...

Last edited:

MBSL55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do you think of their color and performance so far?

I am happy with them and time will tell how my corals respond bit as of now everyrhing seems happier. I have a mixed reef with zoas, LPS, and a variety of SPS. Color looks more natural for lack of a better term.

For SPS I've noticed some good PE, growth and color on my tri color as compared to when they were under Sols. Orange digi is darker and deeper orange.

My LPS like my candy canes, cynarina, bubble coral, and frogspawn all open up more.

Zoas look about the same. Chalices look about the same. No softies. Trying to learn how to take decent pics with a DSLR so I can do more than just describe things.

Keep in mind I may not be the best Sol vs Vega comparison as all my corals went from a different tank that had Sols to the upgraded tank with thw Vega.

My parameters, salt, dosing, etc have remained the same though.

Just installed the new firmware and it is working well.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great feedback everyone. After attending MACNA the guy at AI suggested that I use my 2 sols on the outside and 2 vegas on the inside. In other words, if they were bricks side by side it would be sol,vega,vega,sol. My new Vegas should have been here today but its UPS so they are probably laying down by the road!!
Have any of you noticed a large change in any one color or sleight changes

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I plan to put the Vega in the middle also... this is how I have the 24" T5s and it will replace them (over a 6' long tank). I noticed when I put up the Sols they acted like they needed something even though they were doing fine. Then I thought... they have to be missing some color spectrum and put the T5s up. I was correct. The next day they were extended much better. But is the Vega worth $500? Idk, maybe. it would be better worth it if the Sols could run on the same controler as the Vega but I was told they can't even if made wireless they would have to be upgraded to Vega. Imo I think they should offer 2 upgrade choices for the Sols. 1) being to upgrade wireless for use by Vega contoller and 2) to upgrade completely to Vega. Now that to me would make all the difference in useability in AI LED modules.

*kbra ... I thought that looked like a really long tank! Wow.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back