AI Vega

MBSL55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got a fellow club member to come over and show me how to use our DSLR for tank photos. Just one quick one for tonight but I'll work on using a macro lens I borrowed to take some closeups of corals and such.

Attachments

• IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 288

MBSL55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running coral acclimation mode to reduce by 40% to acclimate all my corals from MACNA but otherwise normally 100% all channels because of mounting height which then matches the PAR fromy Sols before at 80%.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the par on the vega is about 20% weaker than sols? I wonder if the wider spread has something to do with that....

125g mixed reef Peninsula

MBSL55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on my measurements when I compared my tanks, they are a bit less. It might also have to do with having red and green LEDs instead of all blues and whites. My Sols were a bit close to the water line though, maybe 2-3 inches if I recall correctly.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on my measurements when I compared my tanks, they are a bit less. It might also have to do with having red and green LEDs instead of all blues and whites. My Sols were a bit close to the water line though, maybe 2-3 inches if I recall correctly.

What size tank did you say yours is?

I think you are correct in your thinking... I also think it is producing less par due to the colored leds. I don't think that's a negative thing though. I believe the corals need those colors also which will make up for a little less par.

125g mixed reef Peninsula

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! That looks real nice!!

Finally got a fellow club member to come over and show me how to use our DSLR for tank photos. Just one quick one for tonight but I'll work on using a macro lens I borrowed to take some closeups of corals and such.

MBSL55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Wendy. I have mine 15" AWL and then corals starting at about 3" below water line and down from there.

MBSL55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. I think extra spectrums are great. 260 g is the current tank, old one with Sols was a 70g

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me? or is anyone else finding the controller overly sensitive? I dont even touch it and it skips on to something else, then it goes crazy and keeps skipping.

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me? or is anyone else finding the controller overly sensitive? I dont even touch it and it skips on to something else, then it goes crazy and keeps skipping.

Yes that was a problem with them originally, but the firmware update should eliminate that. Did you update the firmware on the controller?

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet but I will try that now. I cant even get the thing to recognize Vega on stet up lights. Frustrating!!!!!!!!!!

MBSL55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet but I will try that now. I cant even get the thing to recognize Vega on stet up lights. Frustrating!!!!!!!!!!

Update the firmware, adjust sensitivity if needed, and then hold down the button on each Vega fixture until the LED flashes different colors and release. The LED on the fixture should now be red. Then run through the setup procedure to ID each light and it should work.

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could someone please tell me how to update the firmware on this controller in simple to understand instructions for dummies!! I can't seem to get it. I am not very computer savy.

Back