AI Vega

MBSL55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming this is a PC:

1. Download the driver and save it to your desktop or somewhere you can find it.
2. Plug-in your controller with the USB/power cord into a USB port on your computer.
3. Give your computer a minute to find the controller. You should see a pop-up along the start bar.
4. Go to My Computer and open it up. You should see a "removeable media" drive or something along those lines.
5. Double click that to open it up.
6. You should see just one icon or file in there.
7. Delete that icon or file
8. Copy or cut and paste your downloaded file to where the old file was.
9. Eject the "removable" drive from the start bar
10. Unplug the controller from the computer and then plug it back in to the power adapter and run your Vega fixtures.

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK... I plugged the controller in... went to set up lights, chose Vega on channel one and the warning says no lights detected. Lights will not come on at all. I think I really, really do not like this new controller. I liked the old one better.

MBSL55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you reset the fixtures first? You need to hold down the button the fixture itself until the LED on the side/back of the fixture starts rapidly changing colors. Release the button when it does this and that status LED should then be red. Do this for each fixture and then try to use the setup feature again.

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for helping me. That worked. If they would have just included a users manual with the controller and the lights I may have been able to do it. There was none in the box for either the lights or the controller. I appreciate it.

OP
OP
Kbra

Kbra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for helping me. That worked. If they would have just included a users manual with the controller and the lights I may have been able to do it. There was none in the box for either the lights or the controller. I appreciate it.

"just plug in and enjoy" lol

MBSL55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered a couple more for my QT setup so I can acclimate corals while they sit in QT. I'm not sure I'll need the coverage of two and, if not, I may just use one for experiments with swapping puck locations or swapping out white/blue pucks for red/green pucks or for when custom puck options come out. I'm also exploring the possiblity of making one available on loan for my local reef club so that folks can try it out and maybe run some side-by-side comparisons with other types of lights.

rarelyseriousb

give a pound
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered a couple more for my QT setup so I can acclimate corals while they sit in QT. I'm not sure I'll need the coverage of two and, if not, I may just use one for experiments with swapping puck locations or swapping out white/blue pucks for red/green pucks or for when custom puck options come out. I'm also exploring the possiblity of making one available on loan for my local reef club so that folks can try it out and maybe run some side-by-side comparisons with other types of lights.

Must be a nice club you are in. It is nice when the club can pool resources.

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I think the biggest difference that I can see so far, between the Sol and the Vega is that I am seeing more yellow picked up.
My acans are coloring up more and my Independance day chalice is changing.
I also added a T-5 strip.

MBSL55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must be a nice club you are in. It is nice when the club can pool resources.

The club is DFWMAS and I consider myself fortunate to be in an area with so many hobbyists and a large club with lots of helpful folks. I probably would have failed a million times, given up on some things, and spent a ton of extra money if it weren't for my local club. Hence, I try to help out when I can and a lot of other folks there do the same.

I know some folks here are running DIY, Sols, China made LED, and Radions so it will be interesting to get some side-by-side comparisons going.

Munch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone running a Vega - wireless and Nano - wired from the same Gen 2 controller??

Mrfresh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question:
I have the blue Vegas
I have them over a 90 gallon tank.
What % should I run the lights at. I'm trying to keep mainly sps in my tank?

White %
Blue %
Royal %
Deep blue % (UV if any)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back