Aiptasia

enthejungle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used boiling rodi in a syringe with good success. If you can take out any of your rock and hit it with 10-20 ml of boiling water on each that will do the trick. Any rock that you can't get to can be handled with the same method in tank. After the final blast of water you can usually retract the syringe to remove the dead pest as well.

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Filefish also eat inverts as well as soft corals and lps corals.
Mine has eaten some green zoa nuclear deaths but haven't touched anything else. It was ok for me because they were taking over anyway. Over grown. It was worth it to get rid of those aiptasias.

WhiskeyCoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make a paste with kalk and DI water mix, just as thick as pancake batter then use a syringe to cover them and choke them out. Don't go crazy it will raise your pH. Kill a few at a time. Works on gsp also.

No warranty on this go slow or you will nuke your tank. Use at your own risk. That being said works great for me. I kill 2 or 3 a day until I get them all.

Susan Bates

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had like 50 in my DT and have 2 now with peppermint shrimp only, and I had like 25 in my chill room tank, I have 0 now with a file fish and 1 pepper mint shrimp in my overflow lol
I have been battling them for a long time, some are in places i can not reach, unless i pull my tank apart, i put in pepper mint shrimp, but i have not seen them,may be my banded shrimp got them,if i put the peppermint shrimp in the over flow and sump how can they get them in the DT

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back