OP
olegaz

olegaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might like our new reactor LEDs. Being waterproof they can go inside or outside the reactor.
Thanks for you offer but don't need any waterproof LeD at the moment. Was looking on you website other week and decided to upgrade my day LeD to red only,
gonna post results next time will clean my reactor , about 2 weeks from now .

xlzerolx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you look for?
Hey I think he was referring to the cleartides algae reactor. Search for :
"Cleartides algae reactor"
Or look for the user: bosshogthemasterpig

For those that are using the TLFreactor. What sort of flow do you want through the reactor? slow or fast, medium?

SantaMonica

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A note about multiple scrubbers: If anyone is going to have a chaeto reactor in the same system with a GHA scrubber, the chaeto scrubber will eventually die and be absorbed by the other scrubber. This is because the photosynthesis of attached green hair scrubbers is stronger.

This happens a lot when people have chaeto in a fuge, and add an attached green hair scrubber; when the scrubber kicks in, the chaeto in the fuge is treated as nuisance algae and thus dies.

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I think he was referring to the cleartides algae reactor. Search for :
"Cleartides algae reactor"
Or look for the user: bosshogthemasterpig

For those that are using the TLFreactor. What sort of flow do you want through the reactor? slow or fast, medium?

Neither of those led to the reactor being advertised, the one with the "corn light" . Soo much hype about these scrubbers/reactors and I still can't get my hands on one ![emoji17][emoji17]

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neither of those led to the reactor being advertised, the one with the "corn light" . Soo much hype about these scrubbers/reactors and I still can't get my hands on one ![emoji17][emoji17]
Link in post #7

xlzerolx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LOL. If you are talking about the one in the video in post #102. That reactor has NOT been released yet. IT's still in prototype/testing phase. If you look through their you tube channel there is a video where they are testing a different one canister filter style that spins the chaeto. I doubt that will be affordable. The cleartides is still the cheapest off the shelf one i have seen so far.

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for clearing that up!....soooo I guess it's back to turbo4's waiting list [emoji17][emoji17][emoji17]

xlzerolx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying a TLF version. Just set it up today. Using some ikea under cabinet LED lights. Attached them using masking tape. Using a small DC controllable pump to control flow rate. Right now I have it up to the max flow rate. If nothing happens I will try decreasing the flow slowly over time. We shall see what happens. I will post nitrate and phosphate results tomorrow and hopefully will remember to update this thread often. I have a 70 gallon sumpless tank with a skimmer.

IMG_20160903_234317_zpsvb9zvlz2.jpg

cichlidtx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying a TLF version. Just set it up today. Using some ikea under cabinet LED lights. Attached them using masking tape. Using a small DC controllable pump to control flow rate. Right now I have it up to the max flow rate. If nothing happens I will try decreasing the flow slowly over time. We shall see what happens. I will post nitrate and phosphate results tomorrow and hopefully will remember to update this thread often. I have a 70 gallon sumpless tank with a skimmer.

IMG_20160903_234317_zpsvb9zvlz2.jpg
I like this simple and hopefully effective. What controllable DC pump did you use? Thanks and good job.

Back