Algae scrubbers

Schad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have decided to venture down this road. I made a quick DIY scrubber and think I like the cleanliness of a manufactured unit. I'm looking for recommendations. I was trying to find reviews of Santa Monica filtration. There are a load of videos made by them and I guess I assume these are biased views. Pros and cons to waterfall, drop, or HOG styles? Thanks for your input.

sundog101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with a waterfall. They take up more space, but I think it's well worth it. In my expierence, upflows can be a little tricky. The waterfall design has been around for a while and delivers better flow to the screen.

Santa Monica and Turbo both make waterfall scrubbers.

jeremy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turbo's algae scrubber works awesome if you have room for one.

saltwater newby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4630.JPG
So I have decided to venture down this road. I made a quick DIY scrubber and think I like the cleanliness of a manufactured unit. I'm looking for recommendations. I was trying to find reviews of Santa Monica filtration. There are a load of videos made by them and I guess I assume these are biased views. Pros and cons to waterfall, drop, or HOG styles? Thanks for your input.
Hey bro
Sorry I'm late but here's mine . It's from 302 aquatics. I bought it at reefapalooza last year In Orlando fl.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back