ALL LED ALL THE TIME! :) New Forum!

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Just bought a new system (Red Sea Reefer series - 350) and I was looking for recommendations on lighting. I want to go with LED's and I'm looking at the Kessils and the Radions... any advice???

Thx
ever find the kessils you were looking for?i have 3- 360 we's I'm trying to sell. only 4 months old

Rsandry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi nbagnardi,
I decided to go with the Radions. I purchased two Gen3's and I am very happy with them so far.....

HappyDays

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
i am going to buy a new light system on my tank [55 gallon, 48" x 18" x 12" ]. I have decided to limit my research now on these two LED systems: Hydra and Kessil.

To those who have already used it (and or are still using it), what would you choose between Kessil A360 and Hydra 26HD?

Cottonmdalton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not bad for China

20151209_182427.jpeg

smalltimereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval marine LED and I thinking about getting a couple radions, I have noticed my brain has lost some color as well as my nems aren't growing. Looking for some opinions

the new guy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are a good option to save a little bit it's the same thing as the star fire just older version from reef radiance it'll burn coral on the sand if you have to high tho I had hide my brain coral in the far right to get some of the light off him

wranodj99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody using SB Reef lights? I'm using 2 32" timers on a 72Lx24Dx18W. So far, I only have a few frags and 2 BTA. Sometimes, I think it's too much light.

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody using SB Reef lights? I'm using 2 32" timers on a 72Lx24Dx18W. So far, I only have a few frags and 2 BTA. Sometimes, I think it's too much light.

Back in the day 400 watt MH + VHO was considered proper light for SPS and Anemones.

With any change in lighting you should do a before and after PAR Reading....One way to measure intensity and not necessarily PAR is to Note the F Stop and Exposure from a camera... For a rough comparison. The same concept applies for digital cameras.

A change in lighting can seriously stress the coral.

Import fixtures do not note specific LEDs and given the vast difference its really hit or miss. Not to mention how their powered...UL/CE or Generic power supplies...

Generally these fixtures are OK for a shallow tank and easy softies and bubble tip anemones provided you account for early replacement...

Above All...Ensure your water is perfect...

Bottom Line is borrow a PAR Meter. You know your Salinity, PH dK, Ca, Mg...ect...You should know your light...

Sanjay recommends a minimum of 100 PAR on the sand bed with higher light corals further up. I like to see 200 for clams and anemones.

Bill

Robert Harris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the Current Orbit 48-60" Ramp Pro for my 48x13x17 (55gal) tank... im VERY new to corals but have had this tank running for years. It was fish only for about 5yrs, and i had only dry rock and pieces that i found on the beach when i went. I never tested anything but salinity.
Well, I've recently (over the last year), started researching and building this tank. Boy, did i have a lot to learn!
My question for this forum is, did i buy enough LED for this tank? I programmed it to start at 8am and ramp to about 80% white light and 45% actinic till 7pm then the sunset feature.
I know nothing about the PAR

bwmalloy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radion Gen4, Kessil AP700, Mytras LX7, Hydras 52

Which of these is the most user friendly?
Are all of these wifi and/or programmable from my tablet?
Can they all perform slave/master functions to program them together? I understand that is a benefit to the Mytras.
Any durability issues?
Any PAR issues at 24", which is roughly the depth of my sandbed?

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I would pick between the four, I'm gonna go kessil. Just a preference ;) however the GHL Mitras does prick my senses. [emoji48][emoji16]

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Elementalj. Do you have experience with multiple units on one tank? How is the usability?

I've used the pendants and use two at the moment an 160we, and an h150 over the fuge. Ive helped program a friends AP and in 6 months she's got zoa's growing off the plugs and onto anything close and the acanthastrea look like candy. I've used reef bars and such in the past and either burned the coral, or starved it, so I found one used and began my reading and testing.

I have no doubt that the other fixtures can grow coral. I however have had better success with kessil than any other I've tried. People will complain about shadow and that's understandable because it's a singular point of light. What I say is, proper placement of both the light fixture and the coral itself will achieve results..
IMG_2414.JPG

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am kind partail to the Hydra's and I would recommend gong with the HD's

tangerine3486

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoyed the AI (hydra) controller on my phone/tablet and found it very easy to use. I thought the light worked very well. I also have a kessil, but not the AP700 so I cannot speak to that controller.

Acro maniac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just figuered id add mine, this was taken in january 2015. I have since upgraded leds with 2 more strings of 14 led on each string. 1RB string and 1 v, tv ,hv, b, umrb. Also fragged out all corals and rescaped rockwork for mainly acros.
Screenshot_20170125-084008.png
Screenshot_20170125-083931.png
Screenshot_20170125-083923.png

Back