OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Solid ammonium chloride is about 32% ammonia by weight.

So adding 1 g NH4Cl (320 mg ammonia) into 100 gallons (379 L) of tank water will boost ammonia by 320/379 = 0.8 mg/L

I'd weigh out 10 g, dissolve in 100 mL water, then dose some of that stock solution.
Hey, i finally got the ammonium chloride. My new tank is 500l, but i guess the total tank water volume is approx 400l. So howmuch do you recomend to add to make 4ppm as suggested. Here is the photo with MW (i guess molecular weight)

Here is my tank.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added ammonium chloride on 31st,
Today ammo is 0
Nitrite >10
No3 > 50

Can i dose vinegar?

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too dont believe in them, its gona be my first time going dry, so gona dose ammonia. So im gona add seachem stability. I guess these bacteria in a bottle might jus be some combination of sugar vinegar alcohol.. i might be absolutely wrong though.. as im nit a marine biologist.. ;)

The only Bacteria in a Bottle that I'm aware of right now that actually includes a sugar and vinegar in very small amounts in Vibrant. It's not meant to start up a tank though.

FWIW, when I mentioned I've cycled my tanks in under 14 days with out the help of a bacteria in a bottle all were with dry sand and dry dead rock. Just added a bit of food. One I think I added a shrimp (dead shredded up shrimp).

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only Bacteria in a Bottle that I'm aware of right now that actually includes a sugar and vinegar in very small amounts in Vibrant. It's not meant to start up a tank though.

FWIW, when I mentioned I've cycled my tanks in under 14 days with out the help of a bacteria in a bottle all were with dry sand and dry dead rock. Just added a bit of food. One I think I added a shrimp (dead shredded up shrimp).
I dont prefer that, as it can cause fungus

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back