Anemone doesn't like clownfish?

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a BTA and a pair of ocellaris clowns (they've only been sharing a tank for a couple of weeks now). The anemone has been happily hosting my sexy shrimp. Last night I observed one of the clowns going up to the anemone and ?picking at it? (it appeared to bite at the trunk). The anemone pulled away from the clown.

I went up to the tank and interrupted the process.

Any ideas? Could the clownfish just been eating a copepod that was on the anemone?

Thanks.

PS. I wasn't sure I wanted an anemone but I got a split pretty cheap and now I want more of them!

Elegance Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry to much about that. I seriously doubt the clown did, or was trying to cause, any harm.
The BTA is not the natural host for your clowns, so it may take a while for the clowns to move in. Just be patient.

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They get to know the nem and develop their resistance to its sting. Totally normal. It can take months for hosting to begin depending on age of clowns. Took my maroons around 8 months. They didn't seem to care and then one day it was [emoji173]️. They need time to get to know each other, have coffee, learn what they each want from life, likes/dislikes, etc [emoji4]

Back