Anemone or Soft Coral?

sendhelp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had this tank a few months now, and will be upgrading in the next few months to a 29 biocube.
I have a 10 gallon fowlr with two very small ocellaris clowns and an inch long valentini puffer. Everything has been okay so far, but I notice that the smaller of the two clowns is very nervous around the puffer, so I'd like to offer him either a soft coral like frogspawn or an anemone to host if he would like to have a little bit of more comfort. I fully understand that he may not end up interacting with either, but I'd like it to be available.
I just upgraded my lights to suit either of these, but wanted to get some opinions as to what would be best in a tank this size.
Is it easy to provide nutrients to corals in a tank this size?
What are the risks of either of these?
Which do you think would be more suitable?
I'm looking to most likely get a bubble tip.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO your tank is to young for a nem.
Your clown fish probably have no clue what a nem is or even how to host it, pretty common.
I would set up that 29 gal ASAP as it will give you the space for your nervous clowns and the puffer.
Corals to add are softies like leather corals and are inexpensive to start out with.
With a local club forum you can find pretty good deals.

terrell wohlrab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey there! i also started my salt adventure a few months ago with a pair of clowns and a few others in a 10g, Not sure if this is something you're interested in put i picked up a "reef safe" fake anenome hoping that my clowns would like it. And they actually host in it! got up lastnight for the bathroom and looked in the tank and saw both of them sitting in it.

cody2cannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a 20 gallon nuvo tank it's almost 2 months old I have a clown, I have 1 toadstool mushroom coral, 2 hammers ( 1 blue, 1 neon green, and a torch the clown loves to chill behind the hammers
1487642368256.jpeg

OP
OP
S

sendhelp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for the info! Do you have any links or advice for starting corals in a smaller tank? Should I be worried the valentini will go after it?
hey there! i also started my salt adventure a few months ago with a pair of clowns and a few others in a 10g, Not sure if this is something you're interested in put i picked up a "reef safe" fake anenome hoping that my clowns would like it. And they actually host in it! got up lastnight for the bathroom and looked in the tank and saw both of them sitting in it.
That sounds wonderful! Do you have a link?

terrell wohlrab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a 20 gallon nuvo tank it's almost 2 months old I have a clown, I have 1 toadstool mushroom coral, 2 hammers ( 1 blue, 1 neon green, and a torch the clown loves to chill behind the hammers
1487642368256.jpeg
beautiful tank! i knew i should have went with some black substrate like you did. that looks amazing, i just picked up a white pack of live sand. now im regretting it

terrell wohlrab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i do not, as i
Thank you so much for the info! Do you have any links or advice for starting corals in a smaller tank? Should I be worried the valentini will go after it?

That sounds wonderful! Do you have a link?
bought mine at the local store, it was a spure of the moment "hey i wonder if this will work" thing, im sure you can google "artificial anem." or something and they will come up, ill see if i can get a picture of them in it tonight, its midnight here and they havent gone to bed yet

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 81.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back