Anemone split

SeanD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I'm only a little over a year into reefing and learning everyday (usually the hard way). In the last 36 hours my anemone (high dollar BTA called an inferno) split. My first that was this is great I can sell this thing and recoup some of the money I spent on it. Then however, I started second guessing the situation and started wondering if I did something wrong for this to happen. Please tell me not to worry all will be ok.

Sean

cdare99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's can be good or bad. Sometimes under stress they spit to make sure one off them survives and the weaker one dies off.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light differences between where they came from and your tank could be big....not surprising if they're bigger than you think. Do you have a light meter? (At least a lux meter.)

Have they been eating or do they have fish hosting in them yet?

FragCityCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to split often when they are stressed or the system changes. Otherwise they just grow endlessly larger. It could be nothing to worry but I would check all parameters carefully to make sure.

OP
OP
SeanD

SeanD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
calc is low due to a hannah issue but Im bringing that up but other than that 1.026 low nitrates and phosphate. I imagine I did stress him out moving it to this tank (4 weeks ago). I have not bought a lighting meter yet.

Sorry for picture quality, I don't know how to get good pics yet. Inferno is left and top the one facing right is another one I had

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back