"Anemones list and Information"

marlon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does it look healthy to you ? any suggestions? gonna read up about it .. Thanks a million!

juggalogentry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there such a thing as a "healthy white anemone"? the lfs in my community has had two or three "African white anemone" roll thru and ive observed them in their tanks and they seem to be doing okay, just that their all white with glowing purple tips. is this some weird new anemone or their way of sugar coating a bleached out animal by giving it an exotic name

Exterminatank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a condy to me.
uploadfromtaptalk1410029012175.jpg

SeeingGreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have Bali blood red nems. I am curious if anyone knows genus/species so I can look for others. There were a few old images (6 year) that look similar but with more interesting colors., but weren't called maxi minis.

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How common is this? Last night doing some after hours flashlight recon I was stunned to find this:

That fish is my long time resident black fang blenny. The rbta was added a few months ago and has not moved since it's been in the tank. I have no idea how long the blenny has been doing this, but will be checking again tonight to see if this is normal for him.

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How common is this? Last night doing some after hours flashlight recon I was stunned to find this:

That fish is my long time resident black fang blenny. The rbta was added a few months ago and has not moved since it's been in the tank. I have no idea how long the blenny has been doing this, but will be checking again tonight to see if this is normal for him.
Sorry if that wasn't clear. This fish is safely sleeping there. He was out and about this morning. I find this incredible. Is this common?

FluffyxTxRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1421768812.069192.jpg
this is my brand new RBTA. It was happy then picked a fight with my MP10. Soooooo sad this morning. Buying foam cover for the MP today.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you OrionN

Do you know how to make its tentacles grow longer?
marlon,
How is the Magnifica. Have he color up yet?
I did not see your question until now.
I have had magnifica with tentacles like your's and they will stay that way. Other Magnifica I have have longer and more pointed tentacles. I think it is genetics

RedMag20090819.jpg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is he now. He looks bleached in your picture. He should regain his color by now.

Last edited:

Elegance Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there such a thing as a "healthy white anemone"? the lfs in my community has had two or three "African white anemone" roll thru and ive observed them in their tanks and they seem to be doing okay, just that their all white with glowing purple tips. is this some weird new anemone or their way of sugar coating a bleached out animal by giving it an exotic name

Sounds like a condy to me.
uploadfromtaptalk1410029012175.jpg

The only truly white anemones are non-photosynthetic. They lack zooxanthellae. All of the common anemones we keep in the hobby have zooxanthellae, therefore they are not white. Even "Condy" anemones should not be white. Here is a pic of me collecting one in the wild. As you can see, it isn't white. https://imageshack.com/i/89sn854087j

dwebb1031

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok got a question.

What could cause my Purple LTA to move.

I have a Purple LTA that has been in the same spot for 4 months now. The other day I noticed that it was no
longer attached to the rock it was on. It had moved off the rock and had attached itself to the back glass of my tank. It stayed there
for a few days and then decided to move even further up the glass.

The new position it is in doesn't really get anymore flow, however it will be getting more light because it is now about 6 - 8 inches
close to the lights.

I feed it pretty much every night (mysis and Brine) when I feed the tank, It does not get a ton of food. Is this to much food and
could that be the reason.

Here is a picture of my Purple LTA in its current position, it was on the sandbed atached to the rock you see under it.
Untitled.jpg
Be careful i had one of these that went on the move and a day or so later i found half of him at the bottom he had climbed into my power head and got shredded. They move when they dont like there current placement to find a better(more favorable) location.

Exterminatank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must say your white "carrot" Mahnifica looks beautiful. Definitely looks healthy. You said you had it for 8 months? Looks good to me.

BTA Love

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had a purple tip condy turn neon green with blue tips under actinics?
Purple tip condy.jpg

icemanalex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had several anemones with good success but the newest one doesn't seem to be doing to well. Have had it 1/2 year now and its not growing suppose to be long tentacle but not doing well. moved around for a day or two and settled on a location. Just don't know why its not growing. Last one I bought was small to start like this one, in a year it was the size of a dinner plate before a butterfly my wife had to have picked at the base till it died, but this one is just surviving. Any suggestions or just a dud of an animal? OH I got rid of that Butterfly.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this guy yesterday, pic was right when i put him in. It was sold to me as a zebra mat anemone. Bottom left in pic. Anyone have any ideas, cant find much info at all on him.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back