Another phosphate tread :-)

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally broke down and picked up a Hanna low range phosphate tester (after turning off my GFO several weeks ago). I am testing at .009. Based on what I am reading, it should be closer to .003? Does it make sense to turn the GFO back on, with half the media? I do have a very slight hair algae problem, if that matters. Just want to make sure I don't make any wrong decisions based on the reading.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that is .09, not .009. I tested again with the Hanna checker today, one day later, and it is now reading 0. I now don't know if one of the tests was incorrect or not......and whether or not to be adding the GFO back onto the system. :( I did just remember that I dosed Vibrant yesterday prior to the first test of .09. That would explain the 0 reading today I guess.

Bayinaung

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I wouldn't rush to do anything else at this point. If corals and inhabitants in the tank look good, I wouldn't change anything. If something is wrong, look for causes.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok......thanks for the response. I went ahead and added the reduced amount of GFO....I probably wouldn't have bothered if I wasn't dosing the Vibrant. I am not sure how the phosphate swings (every time I dose) would affect the coral, if at all. If I am running the GFO, it will always stay near 0.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back