Best I could do .. I will work on the photo shots one day

DSC00027.jpg

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine are still hiding in a cave but saw i few come out to grab brine..keeping my fingers crossed...

Last edited:

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[video=youtube;x712pYjaLHs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x712pYjaLHs[/video]

Luisra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip Luisra....i'm acclimating them right now..
Hey, how are they doing?

here are mine, a video when I got them 7 months ago, one of them is hiding.
YouTube - 75G Bare bottom SPS Project update

Male

Male

2nd Male

The Evansi is changing sex, I might add 2 more of them.

@Reefer831,
I should get some of those, they look really happy:bigsmile:, good luck with them.

Last edited:

eastamherstbias

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For best kept in wild. I vote Blotchy Anthias. I bought 5 over the last few years and all died. They are the only fish I have had trouble with keeping. I love their patterns and would love one in my tank but for some reason they don't do well in captivity and I don't want to have any more die on me.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For best kept in wild. I vote Blotchy Anthias. I bought 5 over the last few years and all died. They are the only fish I have had trouble with keeping. I love their patterns and would love one in my tank but for some reason they don't do well in captivity and I don't want to have any more die on me.
our LFS has a pair in their 1000g tank. they used to swim upside down but they swim normal now. :hammer:

MimicOcto8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a school of 6 anthias, 5 Purple queens and 1 Dispar. great pix everyone! sweet video too

IMGP0850.jpg

IMGP0849.jpg

IMGP0415.jpg

Saldarya

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Guess I will add a couple species that havent been mentioned in this thread yet...

To start, my pair of Pseudanthias Pictilis. They are currently in QT and will likely be there a while. I woudl categorize them in the difficult category as they are very difficult to feed historically. In this case, the female is doing well eating Roe, Ova, and frozen Brine, and in some cases Roggers Grated. The male however will only eat Roe. At this point it is ajust a waiting game to try to wean them onto more common food so I can add them to my 210g Anthias Tank.

Here is a Video of them eating.

SOme others are my Randalls Anthias. Not a diffcult species it would appear, but not commonly seen it seems. This is the male, forgive teh photo quality.

220Gtank300-1.jpg

220Gtank301-1.jpg

Finaly here is a pic of my P. Lori Male. He and hte female were tough to get feeding, but once they started, they are pigs...

220Gtank325.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Bobby

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice Saldarya. what other anthias do you have in the anthias tank? and can we see a FTS of it? :)

Saldarya

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Here is a brief video I made for the Local reef club to show some progress.

This is a 220gish tank that is relatively new. IT has been set up for about 18 months, but I did not begin to add stuff until about 6-7 months ago, I just let it stew a bit. :)

Anyhow, the plan is Anthias, a few Wrasses, and I have an Achilles in QT atm that will move in soon. As you can see the corals are all pretty young and my plan is to grow them all from frags from other tanks I have/had and let them fill in. I am currently switching the lighting over to AI lighting, that is what I am talking about in the vid.

Currently there are 3 Bartletts (2m,1F- one F changed), 3 Randalls (1m,2F), 2 Tiger Queens (1m.1F), 1 M Red Velvet Wrasee, and a pair of Red Stripe Gobies and their shrimp.

TO be added are the Pictilis, if I ever think they are able to compete for food versus the above, the Achilles, and then a few wrasse. At that point, fill in a few corals, and let it settle in and grow. I will then start another tank.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back