Any fish breeders at R2R?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wondering if any of you breed fish or have had a go at it and what is your experience?

I would love to try and breed some clowns someday.

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm planning on breeding my clown pairs, percs and clarkii, and my neon gobies some day. Just have to wait until they start laying eggs.

I half heartedly tried to raise my skunk cleaner shrimp's larvae. I scooped them out of my main tank when I saw them one night and put them into a 20 gallon that only has sand and LR in it. They lasted a little over 24 hours. I didn't have any live foods to feed them, so I wasn't expecting them to live long. I've read they are one of the hardest to raise, but there is one person on RC that has successfully raised some.

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Breeding clowns seems to be reasonable. But raising the fry is where all the work comes from, We have a guy that breeds Occys and he say and I have seen it, that growing green water and rotifer is kinda a pain and a lot of work but MAN are the babieas cute!

So far he has had many succesful batches of Occys and has had Blacks lay, he also has picassos, trues, misbars and cinnamon that are all fat and happy, just a matter of time basically before they start also. I would suggest the Wilkersons Clownfish book, and I forget the name but there is a newer book that explains lots of breeding habits of many marine animals, that is very good also.

Alot of fun but way more work that Guppies. :rolleyes:

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back