Any ideas on coral?

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive always had fish only tanks, and the occasional shrimp. Im thinking of getting into coral and anemone. I have a black and white clown, a picasso clown, and a cardinal. Ill probably end up getting some shrimp (probably peppermint) and an angel or two. Ive heard angels can nip at your coral. Any ideas to help bring some color to my tank?
8868ea1035ad4ece1291f715cd515e9e.jpg

OP
OP
Slot

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only half of the tank is lit because a bulb went out. New one comes in tommorow so i should have more then enough light for whatever i need.

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the center rock structure.
Nice clowns!
I would wait a lil' on the anemone ... your tank seems new and they like a more established tank.;)

OP
OP
Slot

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the center rock structure.
Nice clowns!
I would wait a lil' on the anemone ... your tank seems new and they like a more established tank.;)
Thanks, that rock has been in fish tanks since the 80's. And yeah the clowns got ich a few months back so i set up a 20g hospital tank and left this take fallow for 3 months. Ill wait 6 months before i add an anemone

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that rock has been in fish tanks since the 80's. And yeah the clowns got ich a few months back so i set up a 20g hospital tank and left this take fallow for 3 months. Ill wait 6 months before i add an anemone
;)

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could add a black back to the tank to hide the equipment and create contrast.

Corals to consider, Mushrooms, some more colorful leathers such as cabbage, other softies such as Sympodium, Zoanthids. Start with some soft corals and if that goes well broaden your horizons and move into easy stony corals such as Duncan, Acans, Euphyllias.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're going to need a better light. Sorry if you already had that intention, just looks like that's a standard two bulb strip light for FW.

OP
OP
Slot

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're going to need a better light. Sorry if you already had that intention, just looks like that's a standard two bulb strip light for FW.
Its 2 65 watt 50/50 compact flourescent

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use the PC lighting for a softy tank and some of the hardier stony corals but if you move into sps or anemones you'll probably want to upgrade lighting. Remember too that lighting affects the color appearance of corals and the tank over all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slot

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could add a black back to the tank to hide the equipment and create contrast.

Corals to consider, Mushrooms, some more colorful leathers such as cabbage, other softies such as Sympodium, Zoanthids. Start with some soft corals and if that goes well broaden your horizons and move into easy stony corals such as Duncan, Acans, Euphyllias.
Thanks! Definitely getting that black background

Back