Any suggestions with my dory??? Need help please.

Twin426

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Image1485113909.481757.jpg

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank? How old is tank? What current treatments have you already done? What are water parameters? Tank mates? Do you have a qt set up for potential medications needed? Need as much info as to what's been done up to now.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very sorry to tell you, but that looks very much like Velvet. What behavioral symptoms have you noticed? Lethargy, swimming into the flow of a powerhead or return, heavy breathing, hiding excessively? How long has he been this way?

The spots are too numerous and small be to be ich.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jbow50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't be surprised if the fish is gone by now. I learned my lesson the hard way too. I wish i wasn't so naive to begin with. If you have a tank big enough for a tang you definitely have enough room for a quarantine tank. If only a few people were to read this disease forums I hope they understand how devastating ick or velvet is to marine fish in a closed environment. It just ends up wasting more money trying to fix the problem when it could have easily been adverted to begin with. Im not meaning to sound malicious. I'm mad at myself for losing one of mine due to being naive. Quarantine quarantine quarantine.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't be surprised if the fish is gone by now. I learned my lesson the hard way too. I wish i wasn't so naive to begin with. If you have a tank big enough for a tang you definitely have enough room for a quarantine tank. If only a few people were to read this disease forums I hope they understand how devastating ick or velvet is to marine fish in a closed environment. It just ends up wasting more money trying to fix the problem when it could have easily been adverted to begin with. Im not meaning to sound malicious. I'm mad at myself for losing one of mine due to being naive. Quarantine quarantine quarantine.

Sorry you are having to learn this the hard way, but I salute you for realizing it. Some never learn, so take solace in knowing you did.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back