Any thoughts on these?

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked 50 royal blue and 10 UV.......appears to be very good pricing.

For comparison sake, I recently purchased no-name beads only (no stars)....50 royal blue for $20 (price has since dropped to $17) and 10 UV for $7.80. Also note I had free shipping....both out of China.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nicolas Sabrun

Nicolas Sabrun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked 50 royal blue and 10 UV.......appears to be very good pricing.

For comparison sake, I recently purchased no-name beads only (no stars)....50 royal blue for $20 (price has since dropped to $17) and 10 UV for $7.80. Also note I had free shipping....both out of China.

Thanks for the info. It gives me something to compare to. Where did you get your beads from? Which seller?

If you have them installed, are they any good?

My diy would go on my standard 55g (48x12x20) so I don't need extreme power.

Any ideas for heatsink?

Thank you

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first set of Blues I ordered from Amazon HERE.....but the second set I found on eBay for a little less, but coming out a China, it took a couple weeks.

The UV's came from eBay HERE....out of China..........and I'm still awaiting receipt.

If you're interested, HERE is my post on the use of the Blues, and HERE is the post on my use of the UV's, which is still ongoing.

Now the Apollos (Blues) I repaired almost two years ago and no complaints......they are still kicking and looking fine. The UV's (Fathom's) are a work in progress.

I can't help you on heat sinks since I've only repaired existing fixtures. However, with the improved quality of what is commonly referred to as Chinese Black Boxes, I'd consider picking up one or two of these instead of DIY....you'll save yourself some money. I'm impressed with the Mars Aqua.....very nice fixtures for the money.

Best of luck.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back