Anyone ever heard of Probiotic Reef Salt by Aquaforest

red_sea_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

i have been reading article on this "new" salt does anyone use it ? if yes how it work for you ?
ProbioticReefSalt10l.jpg

http://aquaforest.eu/en/product/probiotic-reef-salt/

thanks

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following as this is similar in concept I believe to what is currently being done with the research on probiotic foods.

OP
OP
red_sea_reef

red_sea_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so if i understand , you think this salt is ok ? i use tropic marin bio actif now but price is quite expensive and i look for something similar in quality
:)

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to clarify my point, I know nothing about the salt, but find some the "claims" it is making to be plausible as it is in line with some of the research I've read about in regards to breeding of fishes. In regards to their claim of less NO3 and PO4 I don't know what to say about that and would need to see more data on how they are accomplishing it before giving any validity to it.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally do not like salts that contain unknown amounts of unknown organics (like this one does). Reef Crystals is another.

Unlike most other salts, you'd probably want to use it right away if you value the vitamins and amino acids they add, and you'd want to keep it aerated if you store it to prevent it from becoming anaerobic.

Last edited:

Techbiker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12096531_1039455876078960_8507304549368048449_n.jpg

It shows what is on it
Fully synthetic marine salt created for coral cultures, especially SPS. Its formula is designed to
create the best conditions for marine animals. The micronutrients and macronutrients contained in the formula fully fulfill the demand of corals for proper growth and pigmentation. Probiotic bacteria contained in the salt reduce the content of nitrates and phosphates, and prevents the growth of pathogenic bacteria in the marine aquarium .

Probiotic Reef Salt Contains vitamins and amino acids.

After dissolving the salt, freshly prepared marine water can be used immediately. When setting up new aquariums it is recommended that the first animals are placed no sooner than 10-14 days after filling the aquarium.
Instructions for use: Dissolve the salt in previously prepared demineralized water. Water temperature should be about 24`C (75`F). For salinity of 1.025 S.G. dissolve 3.95kg (8.71lbs) of salt in 100 liters (27 US gal.) of water. Stir the solution vigorously for about 15 minutes. When the salt is fully dissolved and the solution clear, the marine water is ready to use.

Parameters of a salt are presented below:

Cl – 19000-19500 mg/l
Na – 10500-10600 mg/l
Mg – 1300-1380 mg/l
S – 840-890 mg/l
Ca – 410-440 mg/l
K – 380-400 mg/l
Br – 60-70 mg/l
F – 1,2-1,5 mg/l
Fe – 0,05-0,06 mg/l
Sr – 8-9 mg/l
dKH – 7,2-8,0
pH – 7,8-8,2

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank is a nice tank, certainly. Have you tried other salts with less success?

It shows what is on it

Not really. I stand by my comments that it does not say how much of what is in it, and if you use it and want the benefits (if any exist) of the vitamins in it, you should use the salt water soon after dissolving it. Saying it contains vitamins and amino acids is not very useful to know what is there and how much. If I spit into a bucket of IO, I could correctly make the same claim. :D

Techbiker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, I really like the idea on this brand, that they know everything that benefit corals and fish, is sugested to be use on detail, since is all base on pure research and testing.
Very similar methods are availble from other brands.
Probitics, just made the perfect combination on a bacterial environment depending system

Last edited:

Techbiker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank is a nice tank, certainly. Have you tried other salts with less success?

Well is not just the salts, I have to mention, their whole line of products is designed to exibit this result a on a controled environent
See it by yourself, and make your own opinion
www.aquaforest.com

Not really. I stand by my comments that it does not say how much of what is in it, and if you use it and want the benefits (if any exist) of the vitamins in it, you should use the salt water soon after dissolving it. Saying it contains vitamins and amino acids is not very useful to know what is there and how much. If I spit into a bucket of IO, I could correctly make the same claim. :D

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, I really like the idea on this brand, that they know everything that benefit corals and fish

How do you know that? Because they claim it?

As far as I know, it has never been demonstrated by anyone that dissolved vitamins in the water column benefit corals or fish.

Last edited:

akitareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Techbiker I'm gonna go out on a limb here but Randy Holmes is one of the most Knowledgable people on quite a few topics in our industry I am not saying your wrong or he is but I wouldn't take his suggestions or information as false either. He has given amazing insight into the DIY of alk and Calcium dosing and is an extremely reputable source. So when he decides to spit some info at you I would generically take it as he is trying to give you the most straight forward answer and guidance.

Techbiker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you know that? Because they claim it?

As far as I know, it has never been demonstrated by anyone that dissolved vitamins in the water column benefit corals or fish.

Well the results speak by themselve,
Our bacteria are in the lyophilized form in Probiotic Reef Salt. It is activated in contact with water. These are specialized organisms for the reclamation (cleaning) of water reservoirs. Similar bacteria are also they used to remove effects of disasters of marine tankers, leakage of oil or wastewater treatment.

As about amino acids and vitamins they are dry and they help the initial development of probiotic bacteria in water. Thanks to that they have two functions - improving the water environment (reduction of phosphate and nitrates) and as a plankton bacteria - food for corals especially sps corals. Till the salt is dry nothing happen with bacteria and medium for bacteria. This salt is made for more than 5 years, tested and it works very good in many tanks. We’ll not give the names of Bacteria (which strain) because it’s our company know how and we are afraid of copy our product. Today’s microbiology allows to much more then storage of bacteria (probiotic) in salt , food for animals or even humans.

If You will have more questions please ask my friend J

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the results speak by themselve,
Our bacteria are in the lyophilized form in Probiotic Reef Salt. It is activated in contact with water. These are specialized organisms for the reclamation (cleaning) of water reservoirs. Similar bacteria are also they used to remove effects of disasters of marine tankers, leakage of oil or wastewater treatment.

As about amino acids and vitamins they are dry and they help the initial development of probiotic bacteria in water. Thanks to that they have two functions - improving the water environment (reduction of phosphate and nitrates) and as a plankton bacteria - food for corals especially sps corals. Till the salt is dry nothing happen with bacteria and medium for bacteria. This salt is made for more than 5 years, tested and it works very good in many tanks. We’ll not give the names of Bacteria (which strain) because it’s our company know how and we are afraid of copy our product. Today’s microbiology allows to much more then storage of bacteria (probiotic) in salt , food for animals or even humans.

If You will have more questions please ask my friend J

Do you work for Aquaforest ?

Edit : Never mind I seem to have goolged my own answer. I assume you work for Deepwater aquatics the US distributor for Aqua forest ? I only ask because Im interested in trying the product out.

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, you need to identify yourself when you have a vested interest in a product that you are pushing, otherwise it is a violation of the terms of service.

Do you work for them in some way or sell the product?

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back