Anyone know me here

Dingo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
The old forum I used to use is pretty dead now so I'm looking for another home.

Been in the hobby since 2008. Took a hiatus from 2013 until 2016 to get settled into a house and start a family. We are not quite settled yet but I can't help and I need to scratch the itch again.

Here is some background about me: I am very into SPS reefs and was (still am) well connected in the hobby. In college had the opportunity to shadow Sanjay and worked with him as the main volunteer to oversee the 500g display reef at Penn State.
Spent an exceptionally large amount of time testing lighting. Have always been a hunge MH advocate but I recognized back in 2013 that LEDs were on the cusp of overtaking the capabilities of MH.
Sooo I'm sure they have exceeded that point by now but I would like some advice on where to go now as much has changed. I'm looking for a solid brand that has a full spectrum and adjustable capabilities.

But more importantly I would like to hook up with some old salts who have been in the industry equally as long or longer than myself.
Nice to meet everyone.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

I'm not much of a coral guy but I sure appreciate beautiful coral tanks! I keep only beginners stuff. Fish guys like me seem to be the minority here though so you're in good hands!

OP
OP
Dingo

Dingo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep 3reef.
Was pretty disappointed when I checked in there yesterday to find pretty much crickets.

Threw a few photos from back in the day on here. Once things get growing here I will post plenty!

IMG_3064.JPG

IMG_3239.JPG

IMG_3233.JPG

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back