Anyone know me here

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Old salt here, keeping it salty. Spent a great deal of time over at RC, but now over here most of the time. Much better group, better forums, plus Randy holmes-farely , Paul b are over here all the time too. Mike paletta and a host of others from back in the day come by and share insight from the past. Great forum.

SO, penn state and Sanjay?......Anyone that worked with Dr. Joshi is okay in my book!

Welcome to Reef2reef!

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to R2R and to reefing. I started with a lower end LED light and up graded to AI Hydra 26 hd LED's and could not be happier. The Hydra are are the med to upper end of pricing, but worth the cost. I like the ability of adjusting my spectrum with either my PC or app on my ipad mini, I run the lunar setting at night.

WetWhistle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Any current pictures of your system? We like to look at progression pictures as the tank matures. :)

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to R2R and to reefing. I started with a lower end LED light and up graded to AI Hydra 26 hd LED's and could not be happier. The Hydra are are the med to upper end of pricing, but worth the cost. I like the ability of adjusting my spectrum with either my PC or app on my ipad mini, I run the lunar setting at night.

I'm a big fan of AI myself. I only have the AI Prime, but for the price, I don't think you can beat the features of AI. Also AI and Ecotech are one in the same these days... so take that into consideration too.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a big fan of AI myself. I only have the AI Prime, but for the price, I don't think you can beat the features of AI. Also AI and Ecotech are one in the same these days... so take that into consideration too.
+1
And to add, I like the fact the cooling fan is on top. The reason is that the fan is not pulling moisture into the housing and the electronic.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Dingo. Old Salt here also. I probably know you but I have a memory like a cantaloupe. Welcome.

OP
OP
Dingo

Dingo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up Dingo?! Welcome. Good to have you over here.
Face of deceit? IS THAT YOU!?
How's the CTS-V? Last we talked I was looking to get one. Ended up finding a killer deal on a SLK 55AMG instead so that's been in my garage for a while now.

OP
OP
Dingo

Dingo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks guys. Was looking at them and they seem pretty reasonably priced and have most of the spectrum that I want.
Years of lighting research and experience tells me that 420-450nm are the most important for a happy acro ;)

Was there a buyout between ecotech and AI? Or just generally the same tech?

OP
OP
Dingo

Dingo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link. Probably could have googled that myself haha.

Well that was a strategic move for ecotech.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link. Probably could have googled that myself haha.

Well that was a strategic move for ecotech.
For sure! I'd love to have a couple radions, but at a sticker price of 650-800 for a 24x24 coverage area... I just can't do it. If I did, the wife would kill me, so there's that too.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I am sure @Tahoe61 knows you as well as @evolved! Great to have you!

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1497.JPG

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.2%
Back