Anyone know me here

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
The old forum I used to use is pretty dead now so I'm looking for another home.

Been in the hobby since 2008. Took a hiatus from 2013 until 2016 to get settled into a house and start a family. We are not quite settled yet but I can't help and I need to scratch the itch again.

Here is some background about me: I am very into SPS reefs and was (still am) well connected in the hobby. In college had the opportunity to shadow Sanjay and worked with him as the main volunteer to oversee the 500g display reef at Penn State.
Spent an exceptionally large amount of time testing lighting. Have always been a hunge MH advocate but I recognized back in 2013 that LEDs were on the cusp of overtaking the capabilities of MH.
Sooo I'm sure they have exceeded that point by now but I would like some advice on where to go now as much has changed. I'm looking for a solid brand that has a full spectrum and adjustable capabilities.

But more importantly I would like to hook up with some old salts who have been in the industry equally as long or longer than myself.
Nice to meet everyone.

Cheryl, as in, "It's a dry heat" Cheryl?

Well well well, Dingo wow. Boy it's been along long time. Really nice to see you still in the hobby. You were always such a great resource..

Yupper Chris, I would love to see a thread for your tanks.

FoD, another wow.

Hi Nana. :)

This brings a big smile to my face, really thrilled.

Cheryl :D
:D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dingo

Dingo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well well well, Dingo wow. Boy it's been along long time. Really nice to see you still in the hobby. You were always such a great resource..

Yupper Chris, I would love to see a thread for your tanks.

FoD, another wow.

Hi Nana. :)

This brings a big smile to my face, really thrilled.

Cheryl :D
:D

Good to see you!
Happy so many familiar faces here.
I'll be contributing where I can, when I can :)

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see you!
Happy so many familiar faces here.
I'll be contributing where I can, when I can :)

Yes there a few more members from old 3reef you'll recognize. I see you still have the sps bug, excellent.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I saw evolved over in the wrasse section. Good to see all these old faces :)
MACNA 2012, Myself on the left and Trent on the right; photo via Matt Rogers:
macna2012-09.jpg

Back