Anyone use the Ecoxotic Stunner Strips

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just seeing if anyone has tried these and what their experience was. Been thinking about putting these as supplements with my 14k Phoenix bulbs, but wasn't sure about quality and durability.

These are the ones I'm referring to, they run inline off of one power supply.

EX-8030.jpg

BrooksReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used them on my 34g Solana... they were BRIGHT! One could light up my whole tank. I am now using a Panorama LED fixture as the only light on my Seahorse tank. Very goooooooooood lights in my opinion.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they lost popularity once the reefbrites came out. I love my reefbrites.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, exactly what I was looking for. Do you think 4 of them would be too much on a 4 x 2 x 1 tank? I planned to mount them to the long side of my MH reflectors, one on the front and one on the back.

I want to add some blue supplementation, but also be able to run these after the lights go off for maybe 30-60 mins for a nice effect.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doh...forgot there was a LED section on here. Can a mod can move this to the correct section if you need to please :)

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you got that post and the thread post when all you had to do is google them and look at the reviews. Well hey I gave a valid opinion I like reefbrites better. And yes I have owned these at one time, but like you said I'm not here to fight.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else with some valid opinions on these? Somebody who has used them, or is using them?

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else with some valid opinions on these? Somebody who has used them, or is using them?

I've got 4 of the stunner strips on my BioCube 14 for a bit of extra lighting, in addition to the PCs. The stunnet strips do look nice, and are great to add some blue LED accent especially. However they are overall not so bright, and will do very little to add any PAR. If you're looking for higher intensity light or extra PAR, then the Ecoxotic module strips are a better bet.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 4 of the stunner strips on my BioCube 14 for a bit of extra lighting, in addition to the PCs. The stunnet strips do look nice, and are great to add some blue LED accent especially. However they are overall not so bright, and will do very little to add any PAR. If you're looking for higher intensity light or extra PAR, then the Ecoxotic module strips are a better bet.

Ugh...I was hoping someone didn't say that. haha. They are twice as much :) I might try two of the modules and see how they look. Thanks for the helpful information.

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the stunner strips to supplement my 6x39 t5, but couldnt see them when the t5's were on. I do own the panorama modules and they are much much brighter, I actually run 2 of them as the only lighting on my BC14. I think you would be fine with 2 of the all blue Ecoxotic panorama modules.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added the stunner strips to my 120g and I like them but they didn't do what they claim. I was hoping for the shimmer look and it is there but I really have to look for it. Also I am a bit put off on them because the transformer only lasted 4 days.

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a stunner strip on my cube for dawn/dusk lighting. I don't think they are bright enough to use along with T5's and MH to see a different unless you use 4+ of them with the reflectors. If you are going to buy 4 you mind as well buy 2 of the Panorama strips they make and they will be much brighter and the same price.

I run 8 total panorama strips and one stunner strip. 6 are the day/actinic mix and 2 are the pure actinic. Once I added the pure actinic panorama strips it added the blue that I was looking for. I have a lot of experience with the Ecoxotic products. Feel free to PM if you have any specific questions.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I ended up ordering two of the Ecoxotic modules with 12 LEDs each. I plan to mount them to my halides, so hopefully they will have enough spread to satisfy my needs.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added the stunner strips to my 120g and I like them but they didn't do what they claim. I was hoping for the shimmer look and it is there but I really have to look for it. Also I am a bit put off on them because the transformer only lasted 4 days.

Yeah, I think I heard from somebody else on here that those power modules didn't last long, which kinda help me steer away from them. Thanks for the input.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I should have them here on Tuesday, so I'll need to figure how to mount these guys on my reflectors hanging above. Maybe I'll go to Lowes this weekend and look around for ideas, and pick some stuff up so I can mount them the day they get here.

CSJIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got 2 stunner strips about a week ago....LOVE THEM! I have a JBJ nano 28 and have one atinic in the front and a UV in the back. I will post some pictures maybe later this evening of the with and without. Since I have only had them for a week or so, I don't know how the power module is, but so far so good. The color is really nice!

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got 2 stunner strips about a week ago....LOVE THEM! I have a JBJ nano 28 and have one atinic in the front and a UV in the back. I will post some pictures maybe later this evening of the with and without. Since I have only had them for a week or so, I don't know how the power module is, but so far so good. The color is really nice!

Sweet, thanks. I'd like to see the difference between the two pics. I'm kinda excited to try these out, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm not disappointed :)

Back